Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All is fair in love and war?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM
  • 9 Replies
If you hit a man, do you expect him to hit you back or allow it?

Why do some women hit a man and then cry foul if he hits her back?

I was taught that real men would never hit a woman. I was also taught that women don't raise their hand, or an object(!), to a man.

Have things changes? I'm so confused!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chandipandi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM
I dont think abuse is ok. Ever. If a woman hits a man its just as bad. Violence is violence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandjlong
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Agreed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I agree with you!!

sissy4444
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM

I don't believe a man should hit a woman, period, or vice versa.  BUT if a woman hits a man, then YES, I expect a man to either walk away or only put his hands on her to stop her from hitting.  I do not believe that a man should hit a woman under any circumstances.  Most men are larger and physically stronger than women.  It would not take much to physically restrain a woman, but if he hits back, he's likely to hit her much harder (even if not meaning to) and cause more damage than she caused.

Now, if there is a weapon involved, then I believe the same, a man has the right to remove the weapon, but that still doesnt mean answer violence with violence.  Hitting her will just cause more of a violent reaction.  A man should be allowed to protect and defend himself, but he does not have to hit a woman to do so.

JMO

navybeauty88
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting chandipandi:

I dont think abuse is ok. Ever. If a woman hits a man its just as bad. Violence is violence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:25 AM
I think if a woman acts like a man, she should be treated like one. That shit makes me mad....if a women puts her hands on a man, a man should b able to do the same!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mscooper23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:28 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting sissy4444:

I don't believe a man should hit a woman, period, or vice versa.  BUT if a woman hits a man, then YES, I expect a man to either walk away or only put his hands on her to stop her from hitting.  I do not believe that a man should hit a woman under any circumstances.  Most men are larger and physically stronger than women.  It would not take much to physically restrain a woman, but if he hits back, he's likely to hit her much harder (even if not meaning to) and cause more damage than she caused.

Now, if there is a weapon involved, then I believe the same, a man has the right to remove the weapon, but that still doesnt mean answer violence with violence.  Hitting her will just cause more of a violent reaction.  A man should be allowed to protect and defend himself, but he does not have to hit a woman to do so.

JMO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM
I don't think anyone should hit ANYONE.
However, I grew up believing that if you hit someone, expect to get hit back.
If a woman throws the first punch against a man, I think he has every right to hit her back. But considering a man could typically do more damage, I don't think ge SHOULD, but I don't think there should be that double standard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EXCITED101611
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:52 AM

the state agrees with most of you women! abuse from either party is just that, abuse. and those women who think its okay to touch a man in a physical way, keep in mind, most states have a twelve hour hold on anyone who is picked up on domestic abuse charges. a friend and her boyfriend both got picked up on them about this time last year. both stories were different, so, the law couldnt figure out which one hit first, so, they called up back up and carted them both off. twelve hours and $200 bail each later, they were back home with no contact orders and a court date. each had $115 court costs (twice, once for the initial date, and once for the appeal). total cost: $1030. all bc one pushed the other, and the other pushed back. 

its honestly not worth it. 

abuse IS abuse. dont touch your man, and hopefully you wont have to worry about your man touching you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)