Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding stuff ...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

How much did you spend on your wedding?  EVERYTHING

Would you have considered renting your dress to save money?

What were your wedding colors?  How did you decide? 

How many bridesmaids did you have?  Who paid for their dresses?

What kind of food did you have?

Photobucket
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kavp84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:11 AM

My wedding was less than $1000. I had one bridesmaid, and my ex had one groomsman. My bridesmaid wore a skirt and shirt that she borrowed from me. I didn't have colors, and the food were sandwiches catered from Hy-Vee. (It was a quick and cheap wedding... I was 18 and we left the next day for Georgia)

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:18 AM

We went to Vegas. Total the entire wedding & honeymoon combo cost us $1200. My colors were navy & white. We had a small reception wen we got home, everyone got together and played poker, lol.

sammi_chance07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:19 AM

We spent right around $34,000....mind you that did include our wedding rings which alone cost nearly $8000. I guess you could say our wedding colors were red and silver. We picked our colors around my dress...which had red accents. I had 2 bridesmaids and we paid for their dresses. Oh man food...we had soooo much food. We had pork, chicken, and beef. We had slow-cooked teriyaki-style pork loins. We had Italian seasoned slow-cooked beef with some kind of gravy. Then we had roasted Cornish hens. We had a passel of grilled and steamed veggies. The food was amazing!!! Then our cake had 1 layer of chocolate with some kind of cherry stuff in it(sorry I can't remember the technical name). Then we had a layer of white cake with almond butter cream. Then we had a layer of chocolate with chocolate ganache. Our top layer(which we froze) was just white with butter cream. It had smoothed fondant on the outside dotted with shimmery silver candy beading and red ribbon trimming on the bottom of each layer. Maybe I can get on the other computer and upload some pics.

unsuspected
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Quoting kgsharber:

We went to Vegas. Total the entire wedding & honeymoon combo cost us $1200. My colors were navy & white. We had a small reception wen we got home, everyone got together and played poker, lol.

Did you have guest in Vegas? 

JessT5280
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:55 AM

I'm planning right now. We have an estimated budget of $15,000. We'll see how that goes. Bought my dress today, with alterations and such, that's only $1349. The castle is $1795., and my best friend is our officiant .... we'll get to the rest later. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)