Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a question.....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM
  • 13 Replies
I was just wondering why some parents don't vaccinate their kids?? Is it because there are side effects....I just want/need someone to explain it to me! I don't want to be harming my children by getting them vaccinated. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heathermarie27
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:46 AM
No clue, mine will be vaccinated, but here's a bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Because of the chemicals in them simply put
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:50 AM

*Some* children have had severe reactions to the chemicals used to make the vaccines.

*Most* children don't have a reaction, but there is always a possibility, and sometimes parents just don't want to take that risk. 

It's a personal decision. No need to put anyone down because of it. 

JaimieLynn8
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:52 AM
It varies but some believe the possible side effects of the vaxes are worse than the risk of the symptoms of the diseases they prevent, or the actual chance of the diseases.

Some also don't agree with the ingredients used. I would do your research extensively into the matter before deciding based on what others say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Oh, no I wasn't putting anyone down, I'm not here to judge anyone I'm not like that. I was just curious, I haven't ever really researched any of that before, I was just asking!

Quoting JessT5280:

*Some* children have had severe reactions to the chemicals used to make the vaccines.

*Most* children don't have a reaction, but there is always a possibility, and sometimes parents just don't want to take that risk. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:56 AM
Well to be honest I have always done it bc of drs telling me I need to, but like I said I never researched. I have been seeing a lot of ppl say they don't and I was just curious to hear everyones opinion on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clasater
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:12 AM
I don't vax for a lot of reasons but I think it's best for everyone to do their own research and make their own decision. I do my own research on any decision that I make even if drs tell me what I should do, I'll still go dig around and research it. I know children who have had severe life threatening reactions to vaxs, children who developed autism after receiving their vaccinations ( I know a lot of ppl disagree with this ) and I also dont agree with the ingredients used in vaccines for my own personal reasons( again something you should really look into and I don't mean just on the CDC website) and I just feel like the risk of my kids getting the vaccinations for all of these diseases that are Almost non exsistent is pretty slim and i also don't believe that a vaccination will prevent any disease or sickness %100 and if it won't then why put foreign substances into your body. Again just my opinions that I've come to through my research, it's a personal decision and I respect everyones opinions and decisions when it comes to their family. I believe that for the most part in this world all moms want the best for their children and will make decisions like this based on what they feel is best for their children, so no judgement here either which way you choose to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM
Thanks ladies!! I didn't ask to call ppl out I just wanted your opinion, and thank you for the replies. Not here to bash anyone, and I should research it more.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:31 AM
Oh no I know you weren't. It was mostly a blanket statement because these topics can get out of hand.

Quoting MOTHERofTHR3383:

Oh, no I wasn't putting anyone down, I'm not here to judge anyone I'm not like that. I was just curious, I haven't ever really researched any of that before, I was just asking!

Quoting JessT5280:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katieGrace
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM

you wont harm your kids by getting them vaccinated... of course all vaccinations aren't needed, but they really do PROTECT your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)