Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your second labor....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:29 AM
  • 43 Replies
Go quicker? People keep telling me not to take my time like I want to and labor alot at home & go pick up last minute things. My labor started around 4 am with dd, I slept till 8, had an appointment I couldnt miss..got to the hospital about 1030 and was only 2-3 cm dilated. Since I was over due they gave me pitocin. I had dd at 6:04 pm. Thats a pretty lobg time si its pretttty hard for me to imagine a 3-4 hour labor!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MmeC419
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Everyone is different! But,  it took longer with my second than with my first.

RockstarsMoM08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM
Mine was less than half the time, from 8 hrs of labor to 4 hrs. And went from 19mins of pushing to out on the second push!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LabTech211
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:12 AM
It's different for everyone. I wouldn't want to risk it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegMon1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Mine was kind like yours and my second was very fast! They tried to slow it down because I needed to get penicillin in me cause I was positive for strep b. I went in at 10:30 and had baby at 2:30 I would of had him sooner but they slowed it down.

clusterkid
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:19 AM

My 2nd was much quicker I woke up at 8 having contractions was at the hospital by 10 and my little boy was here by noon.

My first it took much longer I was induced due to preclampsia (sp) the night before at about 8 pm and he was born the next day at 4 pm.

With my 3rd I started labor at noon and he was born at 6 pm that night.

It varies for each person.

SWGA_Mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:22 AM

My second one was about 4 hours, my first was 3 and a half hours.

claddison
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 AM

my first was 1 hour 18 minutes and my 2nd was 1 hour 32 minutes.

sammi_chance07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Everyone is different...but generally speaking...they are typically much shorter. Plus...4am to 6pm is NOT a long labor. It's actually on the shorter side of a normal 1st-time labor...I mean considering you weren't in ACTIVE labor all that time. Like I said, though, everyone's different. Could be 20mins could be 20 hours. lol

MizStarr
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:53 AM
My first baby I went into labor on my due date andit was 15hrs my second was a week late so I was induced and it was 4hrs my third was 10 days early and 6hrs but I had contractions for about two orbthree weeks before with him so you never know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM
I wish I had that short of a labor with my daughter! I was in labor for 30 hours!! Consider yourself lucky because that's a relatively short labor!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)