Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
I woke up to like 2in of snow earlier and it's stil coming down pretty hard. I'm supposed to have an 11AM class, but I am strongly considering staying home and catching up on my school work instead of going to class. What would you do? I have several,papers and tests coming up and I really think I'm going to flip a coin lol. I can not believe we weren't at least on a 2hour delay because we gave like 3 or 4 inches now (like 1.5 in the past 45 minutes).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.BAT
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:48 AM

BUMP!

jeswill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I'd stay home... my school is known for not closing if the roads are bad I wouls definately stay home.

MissLoveLyfe
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM

make some coffee, stay home and catch up.. sounds good to me! lol

schadtzen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM

i think catching up is the best option, you can easily borrow notes and who knows, you might get stuck out there...so my opinion i would catch up on stuff today and enjoy WATCHING the snow, Not being IN it. and where r u from?? it needs to snow in memphis!!!!

Mrs.BAT
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Yeah, I think I'm going to. Our college president is a jack ass (words from professors and students alike lol).  He's the one that's supposed to make the call, and he's notorious for not closing or putting us on 2 hour delay, and then he won't show up on snow days so no one can bitch at him (seriously, about 50 students and all my professors have talked about that). We miss the old one who retired a couple of years ago :( It doesn't help that we're in a VERY rural, mountainous area where the roads are almost all barely wide enough for one vehicle. It's crazy. Blah my coffee needs to kick in I'm babbling lol.

Mrs.BAT
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I'm in southwestern VA, near the TN and WV borders. Have ya seen Wrong Turn or Deliverance? That should give you an idea of what it looks like here, only add a few inches of snow right now lol.

Quoting schadtzen:

i think catching up is the best option, you can easily borrow notes and who knows, you might get stuck out there...so my opinion i would catch up on stuff today and enjoy WATCHING the snow, Not being IN it. and where r u from?? it needs to snow in memphis!!!!

ikesmommy200
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Probably go anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)