Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

So Next week, I have a hearing for child support.  How do these usually go? 

My soon to be ex husband and I aren't fighting over anything.  And whatnot.  We are pretty much on the same page about most things. 

Thanks.  :)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:09 PM
It normally goes good. I filed three years ago and reieve it still to this day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:09 PM
They will look at his past couple years of employment earnings. They'll take a certain percentage. In WI its 17% for one and up to 25% for more kids. It should go quick. For the months since you split up they may order him to pay back pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:10 PM

They look over your income and his income, then they usually go by the state guidelines that are in place.

vboatner
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM

It just depends on states really. But most if the time it goes pretty smoothly if there is no fighting about it.

Jenny_Penny89
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Okay thanks ladies!  :)

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

good luck!

kyuteangl88
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:09 PM

they will just look at both incomes, come up with a figure and ask you both if it sounds fair, the support hearings are a lot easier than custody hearings!  good luck!

Jenny_Penny89
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Thats good to hear.  Luckily we don't have a custody issue.  He doesn't want his son all the time, he knows its hard work.  He's 21 and wants to play.  Which to me is kinda sad.  But atleast there sin't a fight, and all he has to do is ask for him for a little while, its not like I dont want him to see his son.

Quoting kyuteangl88:

they will just look at both incomes, come up with a figure and ask you both if it sounds fair, the support hearings are a lot easier than custody hearings!  good luck!

mommie_of02
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM

im not sure but good luck

kngarber
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:43 PM
For us we didn't even see a judge. We sat with someone from the court. She did the calculator to see what he was expected to pay and we signed papers....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)