Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How big?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I posted this in another group, but didn't get very many responses.  Advice or assurance or guidance please!!!

Does anyone remember how big their little one was at 7 - 8 months?  Or, if you have a kiddo about that age, how big are they?

My ds is 7 months, and will be turning 8 months on 3/11.  When he was weighed/measured at our WIC appt last Wednesday he was 27" and 15.16 pounds.  THey made a huge deal out of how small he is.  At his doctor appt on 2/21 he was 26" and 14.8 pounds.  Every time I go out with him, someone comments about how small he is.  Today I had a lady tell me that nobody would ever guess my ds will be 8 months soon, and that she thought he was only a couple months old (even though he was sitting straight up in the cart and everything).

He eats all the time, so I just don't understand!  The nutritionist at WIC said he needed to be about 18 pounds for his age, and that he's too small.  He just doesn't seem to gain weight, though.

Suggestions?  Advice?  I'm freaking out over him being light and worrying that something is wrong.. Am I paranoid?

This is his eating schedule:

7:30 Breakfast- 8 oz bottle and a thing of fruit with lots of oatmeal (he loves oatmeal

11:00 - 11:30 Lunch - 1 thing veggies w/ rice and 1 thing fruit

12:00 6 oz bottle

2:00 Snack - Yogurt drops or rice rusks w/ a little bottle of juice in his sippy

4:00 - 4:30 8 oz bottle

6:00 Dinner - A stage 2 Gerber dinner (mac n cheese, turkey and rice, chicken noodle, etc) and 1 veggie

8:00 Sometimes a little snack like a little thing of fruit or rice rusks or whatever

8:00 6 oz bottle

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eatyourveges
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM

My son will be 8 months old this week and the last time I took him to the doctor about a month and a half ago he was 18 lb 14 oz... but he's always been a big boy.... Sorry, I'm not much help!

poptart0325
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:43 PM

My daughter was 17 pounds 8 ounces around 7/8 months, but I'm not sure about her height at that time.  My daughter is almost three but at her last doctor's appointment for her two year check-up she was 24 pounds 14 ounces and 33.5 inches.  She's kind of small.

LadyEmrys
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM

my son was almost 20 pounds by 8 months... he's huge, so thats no help to you.

what are you putting in the bottle? my aunt-in-law had plent of milk for her baby girl when she was breastfeeding, and the baby just was teent tiny all the time, but aunt refused to suppliment because 'i have plenty!' i didnt matter how much milk she had, because aunt was on a very low calorie diet at the time.... she was basically feeding baby skim milk. she was no more than 15 punds at a year old. so.... just because your baby is eating lots doesnt mean they are getting what they need.

your list looks pretty good tho, so i doubt thats what the issue is (if there is one), but just thought id remind. ;p

RissyLee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I use the Enfamil Premium Infant.  The last bottle bottle I put 2 -3 scoops rice in it.

Quoting LadyEmrys:

my son was almost 20 pounds by 8 months... he's huge, so thats no help to you.

what are you putting in the bottle? my aunt-in-law had plent of milk for her baby girl when she was breastfeeding, and the baby just was teent tiny all the time, but aunt refused to suppliment because 'i have plenty!' i didnt matter how much milk she had, because aunt was on a very low calorie diet at the time.... she was basically feeding baby skim milk. she was no more than 15 punds at a year old. so.... just because your baby is eating lots doesnt mean they are getting what they need.

your list looks pretty good tho, so i doubt thats what the issue is (if there is one), but just thought id remind. ;p

mom2twins9909
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Mine was around 14-15 lbs at that age.

ikesmommy200
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM
He was big, he was 20ish lbs, maybe 19 1/2 and he was 30 or 31 inches, just a little too big/long for the carseat. I wouldn't worry if he's eating and growing at a steady rate. My son is 40th percentile for weight but 97th for height, so I get talk sometimes too like he doesn't eat. But his height and weight has always been around those percentiles with the exception of his 9 month check up. And he eats a ton.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)