Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a question about laundry...yes dirty laundry. =)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I LOVE getting new hooded sweatshirts, they are so soft and warm! To me it is the BEST thing ever. I love the softness of them on the inside, I feel so comfortable....its AMAZING.

I live in ND so pretty much from October until May I wear sweatshirts, but my problem is when I buy a new one I will seriously wear it until I have no choice but to wash it then I HATE wearing it because its just not soft anymore. I have tried to hang dry them, do the no heat in the dryer everything. They ALWAYS loose that softness on the inside.

So does anyone have any hints, tips, or tricks for this? Even fleece blankets and things like that I have NOT figured out how to keep them soft after the first 2 or 3 washes.

Is this just the normal thing? Or am I missing something?

Any other laundry hints, tips, or tricks are great in this post.

Thank you ladies!!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sweets27
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I put the washer on delicate and quick wash when I'm washing my kids fleece. I don't know if that matters or not. Do you use softener? 

steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I was mine on normal/perm. press... I use detergent and softener and also have a bounce bar in my dryer.. Mine are always soft!

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM
I dunno, my stuff always stays soft? I put it on delicate and use fabric softener and bounce sheets.

.:Jennifer:.
MommyMcConnell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM
I'm with you OP, I have tried every kind of cycle, softeners, dryer sheets, everything and they never stay soft on the inside like they are when you buy them.

I have no tips but here's a bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)