Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a little rant...bah!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ever get tired of people taking advantage of you? I am fed up to my eyeballs with it. I have a cousin who has two kids, no job, dropped out of school twice, lives with her parents, and parties all the time while her parents are raising her kids. She expects everyone to hand her whatever she wants on a freaking gold plate and I'm not going to do it. She calls me all the time, not to say hey how are you doing but I need a haircut I'll be there this afternoon,... or can you fill out some job applications for me? Can you fill out a financial aid paper for me for school? Who the heck do you think I am, I'm not your keeper and I am not going to baby a 30 year old woman.UGH!

end rant. thanks for listening :)

So one of our friends from from my church realized that we were mutual friends with my cousin on facebook, added her and asked her out on a date. COOL!.. Well he gets to her house and she is dressed really inappropriate. About a half of a mile away from her house she asks him if he can buy her cigarettes, of course he is thinking oh great what did I get myself into? but does it anyways.They are supposed to go to dinner and a movie. When they get to the restaurant she starts talking about how she doesn't drink anymore and how she is trying to make something out of her life. Well, ten minutes later she says you know what I'm really nervous do you mind if I order just one drink? He says sure and she orders a HUGE Pina Colada. Towards the end of the date she tells him she would like him to hear her sing and asks if they can go to Woofers and Tweeters (a Karaoke bar here in town) He tells her he doesnt really like the bar scene but she insists so he goes. When she gets there she orders three more drinks. She happens to know another guy in the bar and they start talking and he buys her another drink.  It starts getting kind of late so my cousin asks my friend what time he has to get up in the morning and if they were still on for the movie and he tells her he thinks its best if he just takes her home. She tells him she doesn't want to go home and asks if it's okay with him if she has the other guy take her home, he tells her its a great idea, she tells him she will call him the next day and he says don't bother.

The next day at church he tells me about the whole thing and I go home and tell my mom. She says oh my gosh I have to show you something gets her computer and shows me a video that has been posted of my cousin singing on you tube.. here is a sample of what he had to listen to that night...

this wasn't only posted on youtube but on several of peoples facebooks here in san angelo. The comments were horrible. One guy said that she stalks him, people complaining because she goes and asks married men to buy her drinks and leaves with a different guy every night, that she dresses like a whore, etc... just really bad things.

After watching this I decide to bring it to my grandma, grandma decides its time to have a little talk with my aunt, uncle and cousin and what does my Uncle do? Starts making excuses for her! Saying well Aimee sometimes wears low cut shirts and dresses, and nobody is perfect blah blah blah. Whatever.

btw.. this is the shirt that he was talking about that was so low cut.. I wore it out on a day to the lake with my family.

I'm just so done with all of them!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Murray27
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Sorry mama :( nobody should walk all over you, personally I wouldn't do it! 

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM
I went through a stage where I was a total doormat, but then one day I had enough and from then on I learned the power of "NO!" LOL. Sounds like your cousin needs that power unleashed on her, too. ;)
hopenalivia
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM
I use to go through the same things with friends though one of my other friends ended up sitting down and yelling at me for doing things for others and not myself so i stopped being a door matt and now i feel so much better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimeeJenee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I say no. But I don't think she knows what it means, because she just asks again the next day lol. She calls my cell phone, when I don't answer she calls my work and when I don't answer that she shows up at my work. SO annoying!

Laura1427
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Just keep saying no. She will eventually learn that you are not her doormat.

If she continues to bother you about things, flat out say "I am sick of you always asking for things, I am not helping you anymore."

If she STILL doesn't get it, tell her that if she refuses to leave you alone, you are going to change your numbers.

Good luck to you.

kleigh24
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

sounds like my sister

CheyennesMommy2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM
IF someone asked me to fill out a job application for them I would smack them upside the face! Duuuuh good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josiahmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Eh some people

Lavender_oil3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM
thirty?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimeeJenee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

yes, she is 30.

thanks everyone:)

Quoting Lavender_oil3:

thirty?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)