Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adopting

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I wanted to ask people in this group if anyone has adopted Being in their 20s. I'm not talking about getting custody or adopting any family or anything like that. I don't know anything about adoption but I really want to learn more about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
army_wifey_06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxxAthena
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I havent. I know there are adoption groups on here though that could prob help. I am 24, my husband got a vasectomy because we dont want anymore pregnancies. As of now we don't want any more kids at all but we have both decided if we did we would adopt. Good Luck on getting info :)

Dee24997
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:09 PM
I want to know too! Here's a Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM

myhusband and I were going to adopt or foster to adopt .. and then we found out we were pregnant so we put that idea on hold for a while.  good luck though!  there are a LOT of adoption agencies that provide information on their sites.  main thing we had to consider first was if we wanted domestic or international ..

Afwife15
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Well I am also pregnant but I have heard that adoptions can take years so I wanted to start looking into it now because it somthing I really want to do eventually, I have also heard it can be very expensive which scares me because I know we couldn't afford it although we could eventually take on another child if that makes since .. Like we don't have a huge savings but we get paid enough to support more children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM

oh i understand wht you're saying .. a lot of companies offer financing .. and then you get like $13,000 back at tax time to offset a lot of the prices .. cheapest i found was about 18,000 unless you wanted to adopt an older child in the US

aamommy2011
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM

we've adopted. it was a very different process than normal. we did a private adoption and adopted a newborn.

jessie82087
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM

My sister is fostering her second child-the first one eventually led to adoption, and this one likely will also.

She says it's the most rewarding experience she's ever been through. She recommends going through a state agency, because there aren't crazy fees associated with it. The only problem is that the wait can be long, and you tend to get a "high risk" child (meaning one that may or may not actually have parental rights terminated).

If you decide to go through a state agency, you will need to have a home study done, and have a file written up for your family (which will include preferences). You will then have a social worker assigned to your specific family who will work to match you with the appropriate child.

milkMama25
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I'm very interested in hearing more to, we have been looking into adoption as well. <3

StarryRain
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I'm a birthmom to a very very very open adoption, and will be adopting myself one day. (And I'm an adopted child)

The process all depends on how YOU want it to go. It depends on if you want to adopt domestically or foreign, through an agency or a private lawyer, the foster care system or a local community organization, if you want it open, semi open, closed, etc....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)