Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy? When does it end?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM
  • 31 Replies
Ok so my daughter 9 asked if I ever met the easter bunny. Well I got to thinking 9 seems a little old to believe in the easter bunny. At what age do you explain to your child they don't exist?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2LandL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I found out in 4th grade, so about that age.  I took it well, by then I KNEW but chose to keep on believing.

Gastromama2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Let her believe as long as she wants ; the innocence of childhood, how I miss it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I think it's fun :o)

My daughter is almost 10. She found out (through the grape vine) the "truth" last year (at 8).

However, she is under strict guidelines to never tell her friends - because she does still have friends (even a few older friends) that believe.

I would never had TOLD HER that they didn't exist. Why burst their bubble? They are children for far too little an amount of time. I hope my children believe in magic for as long as they possibly can.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

Follow my blog at:

http://unexpurgatedmom.blogspot.com/

jessnjosh87
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM

my mom never did, i figured it out eventually. let the kid have an imagination. 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:05 PM

What is the harm in letting her believe?

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

you quit believing, you quit receiving .. so therefore "i still believe" lol

aamommy2011
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

i was never brought up to believe they were real, and im not one to do the same with my son.

but i would put it in her head that SHE thinks theyre not real, not telling her. i would ask her if she thinks theyre real.

lilmommy10805
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM

My husband and I choose not to tell our kids about the Easter bunny, Santa, or the tooth fairy. We're christian and we want to teach them about Jesus which they can't see him so lieing about Santa might effect on what they think about Christianity. 

metalhealthmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM

My son is only 3, so he still believes. 

When I was 8 I asked my stepmother is Santa was real. She told me no. It was the Christmas after my mother died. My family was not happy with her, to say the least. 

In her defense, she didn't have any kids of her own and didn't know the correct way to handle that...I would say most of my cousins stopped believing around that age, though. They just wanted me to have a nice xmas that year. 

Gabbysmom715
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM
i wish it never ended i want my kids to believe in something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)