Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you trust doctors?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

So do you trust your kids/family in doctors hands?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2_boys_1_girl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM

If I doubt anything a doctor says I will get a second opinion, so I guess thats a yes/no situation, but I don't really trust anybody with my kids or myself...so yeah....

navybeauty88
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Yes but I feel like they can make mistakes just like anyone else. They are not super human.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27

I had a very bad experience with my boys doctor and I had to report her. The doctor I have now is great. So no I don't trust all doctors.

Amber5151

Honestly...it depends.

Such as-I trust Dr's to take care of a broken bone, severe illness, or another intense thing that they are actually NEEDED for.

I do not feel they are needed for every scrape, bruise, cut, cold, or flu. Nor do I trust one with the birth of my child (in a normal pregnancy, yes there are instances where a surgeon is needed for that birth, but I am talking about a normal pregnancy) when everything is otherwise fine.

Amber5151
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Quoting 2_boys_1_girl:

If I doubt anything a doctor says I will get a second opinion, so I guess thats a yes/no situation, but I don't really trust anybody with my kids or myself...so yeah....

This also, I don't blindly follow someone just because they have letters after their name, I am going to do my own research, get many opinions and exhaust every avenue

sgt.youngs.wife

yup .. my daddy is a doctor and has his practice with his 2 best friends .. i trust all 3 of them.

MIMIBRIE

While I understand they are doctors in the end its my choice as a parent to be the end factor in deciding if I feel what they say is beneficial or not. But for the majority of it all ..yes I do

Elijahsmommy508

If it's a doctor I know and have chosen, then yes for the most part.  Otherwise, no.

Gastromama2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM
It's not No for the first word, it's yes lmao, can't edit I'm mobile.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

No.

When my unborn son was diagnosed with a birth defect I had never heard of, I had no choice put to put all faith into my high risk OB, the surgeon saving his life, and a NICU staff to keep him alive.

He's here; and he's four. And without full trust in doctors and lots of faith, he wouldn't be here.

I trust doctors with my entire being, they went to school to learn medicine, I'm just a common mom. I've got lots of trust in doctors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I do to an certain extent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)