Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is cussing wrong?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

Quick thought. Is cussing wrong... (aka immoral)?

Seriously, i was wondering if it was actually a sin, evil, wrong action, or whatever your faith would call it. I will agree that it is lazy using the 'F' bomb when you can't find a good descriptive term for the situation in which you find yourself, but who determines that it is wrong and not just socially offensive. If I were to step in crap and call it by it's more offensive name, did it change the meaning of the sentence? After all I'm cleaning the same crap off my shoe?

I guess I'm just asking if this is just a product of our culture, or is there some deeper reason not to use the more 'crude' words.

Lusty Lenox

save the date

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haydsmom2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM

nah

Miss-B
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I'm not sure..I use to be a hardcore cusser(not a word). But I've been trying to stop. I been doing good. What made me want to stop is when my two year old started repeating me.

Renee02
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM

With some religions ya to them it might be a sin..I dont practice..I cuss but try not to much anymore but sometimes it just comes out lol..

DeagynsMommy09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM
If it is immoral, then I guess I'm going to Hell in a handbasket...but, I don't believe in Hell, so it's all good...lol.
Sweets27
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I used to cuss all the time but I stopped when I had kids. It gave people the wrong impression too.

2_boys_1_girl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I think that its rude, but not a sin, and I drop f bombs, b bombs, a bombs, etc. all the time. I'm a horrible cusser, I know bad girl but yeah...lol.

lenoxclan
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I'm no prude..I cuss like a sailor, I just try not to do it around the kids..LOL

Note the try!

Dh however thinks the reaction to cussing is over rated..He thinks it's bad simply because we make it that way..He'd have no problem with the kids cussing if society didn't get all up in arms about it...

Seriously though..It's just a word..Who is it to decide whether it's "bad" or not?

robe739
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM
I don't know that it is particularly "immoral" but, in my own experiences, it can make the cusser (not a word) (LOL@ Miss-B) ...... It can make the cusser appear uneducated, crude, vulgar, or disrespectful.

*I* cuss on occasion (depending on my company). If it is someone that I am trying to impress (IE: co“worker, boss, ETC) then I don't cuss. If I'm shooting the shit with my family (& no kids are present) I can tend to drop a few cuss words.

It's more of a "class thing to me. MOST of my family & friends already know who I am & have respect for me, so a few cuss words won't change their opinions about me.
People who have a more "business" type relationship with me, don't need to know the "laid-back" side of me. KWIM?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM
I used to think it was awful since growing up those words were only said in malice, but DH is a casual cusser and has proven to me that the words are not only malicious. So, to answer your question, I think sometimes they are wrong to say (circumstances and all) and other times God will smite you if you don't use them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alf2651
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I don't think its immoral, but I do think that it's wrong to cuss in front of kids. That's just my opinion on the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)