Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(I hesitated to ask in here!) I USED TO think that bad children were a product of their upbringing!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM
  • 55 Replies
I SWEAR TO YOU, my oldest DD will not live to see her 12th birthday if she keeps this shit up!

ANOTHER MOTHER EFFING PRE-TEEN OUTBURST!

Long story short:

She was pitching a sassy ass smart mouth attitude all frickin day today! Rolling her eyes at everything & stomping around & slamming doors (for no good reason). Just pretty much woke up HATING the world!

Anyways... I told her to go to her room & she decided to stand there & talk back (pretty much saying that she wasn't going to her room & I didn't have the right to tell her so) & DH turns to her & says "Stop talking back & go to your room!"

Her response?
"You always take HER (my) SIDE! I hate you & I like Uncle Joe better!

Side note: "Uncle Joe" is a name not allowed in my house, since this name is referring to my BIL who (in front of my children) cussed, screamed, & threatened to break my DH's legs & kill him (over a silly football rivalry). ALSO, this is a man who so pridefully got himself a position as a childrens pastor at a well-known Christian Church! He often "acts out" in violent & hateful ways & uses scripture to excuse himself from any repercussions of it! (As if GOD told him it was ok to do so) YEAH RIGHT! All around, we collectively agree that this man is disgusting & an AWFUL role model for my children! Therefore, it is well known by everyone (ESPECIALLY MY SMART ASS DD) that this man is off-limits in my home!

So, needless to say: My DD (in a very hateful & conniving manner) intentionally offended my DH by bringing up "Uncle Joe"!

I seriously thought that being a young mom would help me to understand & identify with the pre-teen & teen years. But, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I can't remember EVER being so damn heartless & hurtful to ANYONE, let alone my own parents!!!!!!

Please tell me that 1 of you ladies understand this age & personality type!?! Were YOU like this? If so, WHY? WHAT WORKS FOR DISCIPLINE?!

SMDH!!!!! I'm so frickin DONE!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2almost
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM

sorry mama!   i'm dreading those years except I have 2 boys!

metalhealthmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I wasn't really mouthy until i was 15. When I got mouthy, my dad and stepmom would smack me and tell me to knock it off. Now, at 22-almost 23-I'm respectful 98% of the time-I'm respectful until you hit all my buttons and then the gloves come off. 

However, I would just ignore her with the 'uncle joe' comment. that was obviously just to get a rise out of you. Ah, pre-teens. Why can't they use their powers of manipulations for good instead of evil! 

robe739
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:43 PM
Yeah. Fortunately for you, boys in their pre-teens are just awkward. NOT sassy & rude. :-/

Quoting Momof2almost:

sorry mama!   i'm dreading those years except I have 2 boys!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM

((hugs))

i don't have any advice but i hope you get through it. it may just be a phase, i went through something similar at that age but there was a lot going on at school for me then too...

kleigh24

sorry mama. I dont remember being like that during my pre-teen years. I did tell my mom to go to hell once and was slapped across the face and kicked out of the house but I was 16 and my step dad hit me so I called him an asshole and my mom yelled at me so I told her to go to hell and thats pretty much the only mean thing I've ever said to her. I have a dd too lol so Im going to see whats in store for me in like 10 yrs

MommyMcConnell
I don't have kids that age, I only have a 3 year old. But if that was my kid and she disrespected me like that she would have all of her prized posessions taken away. No cell phone, no computer, no friends over, no tv, no nothing. She can earn her things back. If I ever disrespected my parents like that I would get my ass kicked. I don't agree with beating your kids like my father did, but I do agree with respect.

I am sorry momma, I hope you can get through to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salsacookies
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Take away things that she likes. That's what my mom did. Cell phone(Not very common when I was that age), internet, tv, ipod, anything she has that she likes to play with. Take off her door. If she can't be respectful to your house and not slam the door, she doesn't get a door. It's hard sometimes to have a teenager/preteen that's just has a bad attitude. DD is only 18 months, so i just have terrible twos. Just stick to your guns and don't be afraid to limit her activites if she can't be respectful. GL

robe739
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:49 PM
**"Why can't they use their powers of manipulations for good instead of evil!"**

OMG! You TOTALLY understand! I swear I've said this same damn thing 3,000 times in the past 2 years!

I got slapped in the mouth ONCE from my dad as a teen & NEVER talked back again! These days, however, are a bit different when it comes to physically disciplining your kids. I THREATENED my DD once & wound up in a counselor/pastor meeting at her school the next day, where I was threatened with CPS! YEP! THESE DAYS.... Slapping your kids (or even threatening to slap them) equals CPS! It's very sad! :-/

Quoting metalhealthmom:

I wasn't really mouthy until i was 15. When I got mouthy, my dad and stepmom would smack me and tell me to knock it off. Now, at 22-almost 23-I'm respectful 98% of the time-I'm respectful until you hit all my buttons and then the gloves come off. 

However, I would just ignore her with the 'uncle joe' comment. that was obviously just to get a rise out of you. Ah, pre-teens. Why can't they use their powers of manipulations for good instead of evil! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM

at that age the only person i was disrespectful to was my stepdad. i was rebellious against him cause after he married my mom the two of them kept getting my dad locked up for not paying child support and at a young age i hated him for it cause i didn't get to see my dad much. i got slapped in the mouth for my attitude, which i don't suggest doing even though it may seem very tempting at times. idk what to say about helping you with your DD. maybe take something away from her for behaving that way. good luck.

robe739
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe I need to ask her about school?

Quoting mallowcup17:

((hugs))

i don't have any advice but i hope you get through it. it may just be a phase, i went through something similar at that age but there was a lot going on at school for me then too...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)