Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna know if this is wrong?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

So my real dad is a drunk and has been "sober" for idk how long. Well I guess ya`ll prob know my childhood was crappy well I have tried to be friends with him and let everything go. But the other day really set me off and I wanna know if I was wrong for doing this.... So my man just asked me to marry him and I posted pics of my ring on facebook well my mom made a comment and my real dad called her a name under her comment on the pic of my ring he also told me happy bday instead of congrads bc he wanted to be diff. Well my sis sent him a email just sayin how crappy it was of him and stuff. Well his mom called her to tell her how much of a ugly girl she was and just putting her down( my sis called me crying and she never does that). Well I called my grandmom to tell her everything and she stuck up for my real dad. She told me I was liying and some other stuff. Well I wrote the both of them a email and told them I didnt want anything to do with them and that when my daughter is 18 I will give her their names and iif she wants she can find them. I just want to know am I wrong? My daughter has my stepdad who is her grandfather but not a greatgrandma. Am I wrong for keeping her away?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
josiahmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM

No you arent. I get your reason why too.

PhoenixsMommy10
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM

No. If your family can't act like adults and put their feelings aside, then they probably don't need to be in your child's life. We don't visit my husband's dad b/c he spends most of his time high and I just don't want him around my child.

MwithV_xo
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Nope, not at all. 

tsweetkissest

Quoting josiahmom:

No you arent. I get your reason why too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stamey11
No. i would do the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TMommyx2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Nope I don't speak to my family and they aren't allowed in my sons life.

josmama10
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Thanks guys. I have been bitting my tounge with them bc of her but I couldnt take it anymore. its like they dont want me happy. How about they didnt call me or anything when I had her. I just took her to see them at thanksgiving and it was bad. My dad said somethings that I almost knocked him out for but because I am a mom and dont want that in front of my child I just sat there.

kngarber
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM
I would have done the same thing. Congrats on your engagement. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josmama10
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Thank you kngarber

DelilahsMom4108
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I refuse to speak to my moms side of the family... for many different reasons.... so in return my children don't know them and won't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)