Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay this is not a bash or judge post..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM
  • 98 Replies

But I would like to ask a question about house cleaning. So I see a lot around cafemom that their house is a mess and their hubby/SO doesn't like to help. My question is how does it get that bad? I straighten up everyday so when I clean it's never a lot to do.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM
I clean everyday all day, I don't understand messy houses either...i work outside of the home, and spend the rest of my day cleaning...scrubbing, dusting, cleaning toilets and dishes, vacuuming...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaLion316
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I love cleaning my home, yeah it's annoying that my fiancee doesnt like to help but whatever, it gets done right cause I know how I like it done...is it weird that I like the lines the vacuum makes on the carpet? Lol

Miss-B
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Yea I have to keep it clean.

Miss-B
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

LOL..no I do too. I thought I was the only one.

Quoting MommaLion316:

I love cleaning my home, yeah it's annoying that my fiancee doesnt like to help but whatever, it gets done right cause I know how I like it done...is it weird that I like the lines the vacuum makes on the carpet? Lol

unsuspected

IDK

I tidy every day too.  Counters cleaned, dishes cleaned, trash taken out, floors cleaned.

The major thing is laundry.  That can get kinda out of hand, right now I'm looking at 3 loads, plus one in dryer and today's load needing to go in the washer.  That's cus I took the weekend off of laundry.  So, I'm feeling it!  LOL

But I try to keep the place tidy so that I can do my job in the morning, I'm a stay at home mom with 3 under 4 and another in school.  and my husband does help out, so it works out pretty nicely ... excpet for laundry!  The clothing situation is another story!

Gastromama2007
I love the lines on the carpet! And my bathroom HAS to smell like bleach!

Quoting MommaLion316:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM
hmmm...I tend to say my house is a disaster when it really isn't. If a few things are out of place I feel that way...maybe thats what some of the ladies mean??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaLion316
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Lol yay!

Quoting Miss-B:

LOL..no I do too. I thought I was the only one.

Quoting MommaLion316:

viverebene.riderespesso.moltoamor

MommaLion316
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Seriously if the bathroom does not smell like bleach and if the kitchen doesn't smell like pinesol that shit aint clean! Lmao quoting my own mother here!

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I love the lines on the carpet! And my bathroom HAS to smell like bleach!

Quoting MommaLion316:

viverebene.riderespesso.moltoamor

robe739
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM
I almost didn't open this post because the title made it sound boring. (Sarcasm) *giggle* *giggle* *snort*

Anyways.... I spend at least 2-3 hours a day cleaning. If I skip a day, that time doubles. We almost always have company, including LO's friends & such. So, our house gets messy quick. DH helps by keeping the kids busy when I clean. He's not a very goos house keeper & I prefer to do it myself. :) So, my house is pretty much NEVER messy for more then a few hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)