Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not that excited anymore..

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

We have a cruise planned in less than 2 weeks and I get sea sick. So I made an appt with a women's care clinic to get the transderm patch cause I've tried everything else and I'm hearing they won't prescribe that.

I've lost interest in the cruise and now I'm kinda dreading it. Every family dr is booked up and Idk what to do. But I don't want to be miserable for 7 days 

slapping forehead

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddies-Mommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM
What about some Dramamine? I heard it works well for motion sickness, and you can get it almost anywhere.
kjk110110
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Walgreens and CVS sells braclets for sea sickness. I used them when i was pregnant and they worked very well!

KenzieQsMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM
The dramamine knocks me out. I'd be in bed and useless. I'm leery of the bracelet...they can be expensive and some peole say it doesn't work. The patch is the only thing i've heard of that's 'fool proof'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luv_my_xiya
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Buy those bracelets like a pp said, I heard they really work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjk110110
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:26 AM

You can get the bracelets for $15 on amazon, I will send you the link if you'd like

asilenna
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:29 AM

You can give me your ticket! I will have a blast for you!!!!

Otherwise I dont know. I dont get sea sick. The rocking of the boat actually puts me to sleep! Good luck and I hope you have a great time! (minus sea sickness)

mrs_smiph
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 AM

My mom gets seasick too and she wears those transderm patches when she cruises and has no problems.  She may even have a few on-hand that she would mail to you lol.  Keep calling the doctors to check for cancellations! :)

KenzieQsMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Yes please! I'm going to bed now but i'll look it up tomorrow for sure! Thank you!!

Quoting kjk110110:

You can get the bracelets for $15 on amazon, I will send you the link if you'd like

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjk110110
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:32 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Bands-Acupressure-Wrist-Nausea-Relief/dp/B000WGLR4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302668362&sr=8-1

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Yes please! I'm going to bed now but i'll look it up tomorrow for sure! Thank you!!

Quoting kjk110110:

WaitingOnPeanut
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM

SeaBands! :) They do work pretty good for morning sickness, I'm sure they'd help for motion as well. Good luck & try to relax & have fun!

Quoting kjk110110:

Walgreens and CVS sells braclets for sea sickness. I used them when i was pregnant and they worked very well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)