Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna go back to school :(

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:16 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm tired of beat ass jobs that pay like crap. I wanna go to school!

Medical assistance?
Dental hygenist?

Something! I'm tired of minimum wage, and I want a "real" job :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessnjosh87
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I don't want a job, and I don't want to go to school. *shrugs* do something you have some interest in, that way it won't be boring

Alexsi1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I'm a nurse. I love my job, it's great stability, pays well and very rewarding. Nursing school's tough but if I can do it anybody can do it.

Good luck in whatever you choose :)

Gastromama2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Anything medical sparks my fancy. I'm thinking medical assisting!

Quoting jessnjosh87:

I don't want a job, and I don't want to go to school. *shrugs* do something you have some interest in, that way it won't be boring

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eatyourveges
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Well i'm a designer so I know nothing about anything medical, but if you want to do it, then do it!  :-)

a.wright194
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Good for you. I'm in the process of getting enrolled in school again. It's not as easy as it was back in the day, plus with kids it's hard to study sometimes but it is so worth it in the long run. Just think of how well you can provide for your children with a good paying job. That's what keeps me going.

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM

DO IT!!! You know this year they were talking about lowering or completely doing away with Pell Grants, which is financial aid. You better start soon before there is no money left to help you.

And it is so easy, I have been going to schoold for 3 1/2 years for teaching. I have had almost all of my classes online. You can go to a real college and take online classes.

You know to be a sono-tech (sonogram person) only takes 2 years! My friend is doing it. You should just make a trip to the college and talk to an advisor and get started.

mom2twins9909
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Nursing

Gastromama2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Thank you!! Sonography is interesting! I will look into that!!

I'm working a beat job that pays crappy and somedays aren't even worth the gas to get there. I just want to be okay, and have a trade that's always in demand so I'll be set!

Your words were very uplifting! :)

Quoting kgsharber:

DO IT!!! You know this year they were talking about lowering or completely doing away with Pell Grants, which is financial aid. You better start soon before there is no money left to help you.

And it is so easy, I have been going to schoold for 3 1/2 years for teaching. I have had almost all of my classes online. You can go to a real college and take online classes.

You know to be a sono-tech (sonogram person) only takes 2 years! My friend is doing it. You should just make a trip to the college and talk to an advisor and get started.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_emery13
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I agree you should go for it. I myself started going back to school in October, going through Colorado Technical University Online. So far it's been gong well. My original reason for going was to make better pay but as I go along I realized that if I get my degree it will show my boys that education is important and that they can do anything they want no matter what the challenge (or at least I hope it will). I do know if you go to school for something you enjoy doing it makes the school work so much easier.

Sam.Marie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM

my sister is a dental hygenist..... I personally couldnt stick my hands in someone elses mouth!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)