Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby leashes

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM
  • 63 Replies

My 19 month old DS doesn't want to be in his stroller when we go somewhere and wants to walk around. He won't hold my hand though so DH said to get him a baby leash. I don't wanna..lol. Should I get him one or let him whine in the stroller???

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyFirefly
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I have one that looks like a puppy backpack for DD. She's the same age as your son. It works and she loves it! Keeps my hands free... I usually take the stroller too though if we're going to be out for awhile in case she decides to stop listening...

Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I used to thing they were a terrible thing to have. But, when you have multiple children to care for it's all about safety. We bought one for our 2 year old because he also hates to hold hands. It has worked out great for us.

JennWoodley
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:40 AM

i had one that i used for my son when he was about that age...it looked like a monkey and i never got any negative comments about it.  in fact i actually had alot of people asking me where they could get one lol. 

JAMom07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM
They have backpacks...my ds has the monkey and I love it! It also has a pocket so I can pack a snack or a favoite toy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM
I hated them until I has Nicholas he's a runner. I can't tell you what a lifesaver our monkey on is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:43 AM

my son has the monkey backpack leash and he hates it lol. i love it but he just wants to be free of "anything" and be about his own way lol

JAMom07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:43 AM
You can find them at Wal-Mart for less than $20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM
Get the backpack one...its not really a leash like dog.lol but like me with 2 small kids we had a scare and my two yr old dashed and almost went off the opening to a steep ditch that had rocks and she could have got hurt luckily my husband runs fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006

I always told the kiddos they had to hold my hand if they wanted to be out of the stroller, when they started to fight me about holding my hand....they went back in the stroller. Eventually they got the point, lol

mallowcup17

my 2 yr old uses one of the monkey backpack ones. she loves. we got it for her when she started to walk because she wanted nothing to do with a stroller. we love it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)