Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am ticked. (contrversial)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 1 Replies

I know this is a touchy subject but I am pissed. In my county we have an "alternative" school. It's where most of the natural people send their kids. I don't know how else to describe them. Here we call them hippies. They believe in going all natural. Breastfeeding. No vax. They grow their own gardens.

Anyway, there is an outbreak of whooping cough at this school because no one gets vaccinated. There are 60 people at the school and out of those 60, 25 have whooping cough.  As soon as the out break started they start swarming the clinics, doctors offices and health dept. demanding vaccinations and antibiotics. In doing this they exposed everyone around them to the disease. Every one at the clinics and offices has to be put on a round of antibiotics because now they are exposed.

NOW, there has been a case of it at the public elementary school. They are requiring the class to be put on antibiotics and they will miss 5 days of school. I am not happy. Because a group of people refuses to get vaccinated the entire county is at risk of getting sick. The entire elementary school is at risk. My daughters are at risk

If you are not going to vaccinate your kids or yourself you need to keep your sick self at home. Don't go swarming the clinics and contaminating everyone else. I don't know what they expected, or why all the sudden they want to get vaccinated. If you don't get vaccinated chances are you are going to get sick. Now that you are sick why is it ok to get vaccinated? It wasn't OK to get vaccinated before why is it ok now?

I don't understand. I never will. Why wouldn't you want to protect your kids from horrible sicknesses? I get the whole "it may cause autism" thing but even so. Wouldn't you rather have a live autistic child than one that died of some disease that could have been prevented by a simple shot? I also understand that some people can not have the vaccines due to health reasons. These are not the people I am fussing about.

I could never live with myself if one of my children died because I was to stubborn to get them the vaccinations that could have saved their life.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tnvplus2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM
I would feel horrible if my kids didn't get the vax they need. Its better to be safe than sorry. That's crazy, but to each their own I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)