Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brazilian wax questions. may be TMI! sorry!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hi ladies! My children and I went on a 2 week vacation while my husband was out of town. I decided to suprise him with a Brazilian wax (anyone else do this?). Anyways....I am blessed/cursed with tons of thick hair(I am so blushing right now!) and the technician had to wax 3 times in the same areas. 2 weeks later I am PEELING down there! Everywhere! I also have tons of in grown hairs. The lotion I am using isn't helping the peeling and nothing is making the ingrown hairs any better either. Anyone have any tips on how to improve that? Also she didn't use talcum powder, I thought they were supposed to? One last question: how many of you ladies get or have gotten a Brazilian for their man before? My friends think I am NUTS to do that for my honey! Maybe I am lol :)
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schadtzen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:31 PM

oh wow...i have never had one but it sounds painful during and after..im sorry i dunno What to tell you...

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I shave, have never waxed, so not sure on what to tell you. I think it's great to surprise him with that!! Especially if he likes it. Nothing nuts about wanting to make your partner happy!!

MwithV_xo
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:35 PM

wow. they may have used the wrong kind of wax on you. that's happened to me before and i never knew until i went to a different place. i used to get brazilians all the time! i did it for myself mainly, but i loved getting them!

ChelseaLiz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I get a brazilian wax. My tech used baby powder. I've never peeled but this time around I got 2 pimple type things. It was crap. I will be going back to my old technician. I tried someone new this last time.

abbeysmommy1201
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
I have gotten it a few times for my man. in grown hairs us normal if you didn't exfoliate it after wards don't know about the peeling though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ang12285
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I go to the European Wax Center, they are awesome, it hurt the first now but now it doesn't hurt at all, and they have a special body wash (slow it) to use in that srea after and an ingrown hair serum to use, I hardly get any ingrown hairs when I use both of them together. if you have one by you, I would go in and pick up those 2 products.

x3.babymama.x3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM
ouchie sounds painful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristie1029
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I used to get them all the time and I've never had a problem like that! I also have thick hair but my Aesthetician never did multiple waxing on one spot in the same visit! Did they give you any special ointments or lotions? I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/GiGi-No-Bump-Rx-Treatment/dp/B0000Y3JSG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302713533&sr=8-1

I was able to purchase it at the spa that I went to! It worked well for the brazilian area and my lip & brow! I never got ingrown hairs when I waxed! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it, I always looked forward to mine every 3-4 weeks!

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM

bump never had one , never will

tbosgirl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Find a new tech. They shouldn't have to wax the same area that many times. I'm surprised you didn't bleed. They can actually take off layers of skin. Ouch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)