Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a nightmare!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ugh! I am potty traing two kids at once, with no help what so ever. My daughter (3.5yrs) who is long over due to be potty trained never caught on and I was trying the whole wait until she decides she wants to, well that isn't working and my son (2yrs 3mths). Well dd is finally getting the hang of it and hasn't had an accident at all. Ds on the other hand, just doesn't get it, he had more accidents then my dd had when I first tried to potty train her. He went through 4 pairs of underwear in just a couple hours. I really don't think he is ready. Then I have my husband saying make him ready.... Well it's not that easy. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or tips on how I can make potty training 2 children at once, less of a nightmare??? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ambermarie2006
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

You and your husband got back together? Maybe its the stress of everything that recently happened KWIM? 

Briannas_mommy1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM
Well idk if I would call it back together. We live in seperate households and barely see eachother. And it changes from day to day, very wishy washy. But I am sure the kids are probably stressed with everything.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

You and your husband got back together? Maybe its the stress of everything that recently happened KWIM? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM

bump dont want to strain my eyes reading this to small and the color dont help

treaH
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Maybe your little guy isn't ready. Just because he's two doesn't mean he's ready. All kids are different. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitacall
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Keep trying, boys take a bit longer to train sometimes!  But if you give up now, it will be harder for him to learn or even want to after he gets older!  Keep trying, you can do it!  Maybe get a poster board for each child & everytime they go potty or every hr that they try without whining let them put a sticker on their poster board!  This worked wonders for me, cause they really wanted to get those stickers!  And once they were able to go a whole day with no accidents, I treated my kids to a little bag of m&m's (their fav candy) lol. 

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM

from what i've read it's normal for him to not be ready yet.  little boys take longer.  right now with my little boy instead of trying to MAKE him use the potty, i got him a book called once upon a potty.  i'll take him to the bathroom and sit him on his potty and read him the book or just let him look at himself.  it distracts him and he's slowly getting to where he's more comfortable on it.

clari85
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I agree.  Rewards are super important when you're in the process of potty training.  Also, try turning it into a game for your DS.  Have you tried the cheerio game with him yet?  Put cheerios or any other kind of cereal in the toilet and tell him to aim at it...sounds crazy but that, combined with the stickers and chart worked really well for both my sons. 

Quoting kitacall:

Keep trying, boys take a bit longer to train sometimes!  But if you give up now, it will be harder for him to learn or even want to after he gets older!  Keep trying, you can do it!  Maybe get a poster board for each child & everytime they go potty or every hr that they try without whining let them put a sticker on their poster board!  This worked wonders for me, cause they really wanted to get those stickers!  And once they were able to go a whole day with no accidents, I treated my kids to a little bag of m&m's (their fav candy) lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)