Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

controlling women...bash if you'd like :)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:25 PM
  • 208 Replies
So I read some of these posts and I'm just like wtf. Some women are so ridiculously controlling that it's not even funny. In my opinion, we as women should not be in charge of the household. That may be impossible for some of us though because our SO may be immature and not really men. I take pride in cleaning my house, raising my children while he works and having dinner ready for him when he gets home. I don't tell him what he can and can't do, I simply tell him when things bother me and why. I get my way doing this without making him feel inferior. When his friends come over, I don't act like a control freak, I welcome them into our home and hang out with them. I would hate to embarrass him. I don't tell him he can't go out, I just simply say I'm not picking him up so if he drinks he needs transportation cuz I need my sleep lol. I let my husband be a man and I am a woman. I have my thoughts, opinions and what have you, but I don't rule my household, I simply make it function smoothly. Now this is my opinion. It may be because I was raised in a Mexican household where these values were practiced but whatever the reason, it's my opinion. Anyone agree/disagree? If so why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemissmj
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM

No, I agree with you. I think there are just a lot of women out there who are insecure with themselves.

ChancesMommy07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I agree.

Lizz89
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Right? I read a post about someone getting mad because her husbands friends broke the "house rules" and she gave them a mouth full. Now I wouldn't just take it, I would discreetly tell my SO that I needed a word and tell him to fix the problem. Not make an ass out myself and cut my man's balls out from between his legs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyHurt
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM

great that it works for you...everyone is different!!

Lizz89
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Which is why I posted this. To get different points of view.....what's yours?

Quoting MommyHurt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:31 PM
I disagree. My husband won't do anything without asking if I mind, and the same goes for me. If I don't want him to do something, he won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLoveLyfe
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM

this

Quoting MommyHurt:

kammysmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I agree as well- we have "lines" that we stand by..but for the most part we do what we want

leighnicole
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM
I feel similar, although I work outside the home also. But my stand point is I take pride in taking care of my family. I feel that if I give him respect to do what he wants then I in return am due respect to do what I want. We both spend time with friends on occasion. It works for us to trust and let each other have some private time as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigail82
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:35 PM
I live with my bf and he can have friends over whenever. I don't care. And I try to make him go out without me but he will not. And as for me making the house run smooth I think he needs to help I work full time as well. If I was a sahm it would be me that did that but since I'm not his rear better be helping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)