Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

So much so wrong so young

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:43 PM
  • 63 Replies

I was cleaning out my car today when the neighbors 13 year old daughter (I am close with the family) got off of her middle school bus along with 2 boys. She had reached out to my younger sister weeks ago confiding in her that she had given oral sex to the boy because (he wanted it) and how she was not ready and wished she had not done it. She also made mention that her stomach had been hurting since the act and she hopes she is not pregnant. I need to add that fact in because it just goes to show how uneducated this young girl is. Anyway, I watched her walk to her house and that same boy asked who was home to which she replied "I dunno, let me check". She proceeded to let the boy in since no one was home, close the blinds and shut the door. Instantly my heart dropped. I felt I HAD to do something. I was well aware it did not concern me but I had to do something. I tried to contact my sister who the girl seems to be closer to but she couldnt be reached. So I did it.

Me: KNOCK KNOCK
Girl: Hi
Me: Is your mom or (moms boyfriend) home?
Girl: No
Me: Lets go, your coming to hang with me at my house.
Girl looks shocked
Me: lets go, he needs to go!
Girl:oh ok (says to boy) you have to leave

I go back to my house and she comes over. I said "Are you allowed to have boys in the house alone?" She replied no. I began to lecture her on how pretty she was and smart she was and how this kid could care less. I touched on how she needed to love herself first and doing those things is not loving herself. Blah blah blah I touched on the whole mom/sister lecture along with some sex/pregnancy info and stds just to shock her.

Alot of people may not agree with what I did but at 13 if I cant prevent a baby from having a baby I will do it. I had my daughter at 19 and that was struggle I cant imagine being 13! I just cant seem to put myself in her place. At 13 I was still playing with dolls. What happened to our young girls? When did dolls and barbies get replaced with oral sex? When did Kmart matching 2 piece outfits turn into Victorias Secret yoga pants with sexy written on the butt? Why are after school specials that taught lessons now tv shows with equally young girls making out with boys? My daughter will be 9 in September and with the girls the way they are right now I am terrified.

Girsl are not taught that they will only be treated the way they LET someone treat them. They are not taught that attention is not in between your legs. We need to let our daughters know that they are beautiful and they control every move they make but can not always control the outcome of a bad decision.

by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ciresyefiw
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM

usually i would reply mind your own buisness but you probably saved that girl from making a huge mistake so go you! make sure you tell her mom everything you told her daughter and tell her the whole situation. i hope she doesnt mind that you gave that talk to her daughter. i would have thanked you if it was my daughter.

Katelyn88
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM
I would have probly done the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I would of minded my own business, but thats just me. I don't know.

I agree with you on young girls these days. They are acting really grown for their age, it's scary. The other week while I was at Victoria Secrets there was a girl there with her mom looking at lingerie. She told her mom that her boyfriend wouldn't like the color on her!

SweetMama823
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I agree

Ladybugmama86

Good for you for standing up for her!! I would have done the same thing. Sometimes you just can't help but help kids out.

mommaticiakay
*Applauds* Good for you! More teenage girls need someone in their lives to help them with these things. So many young teens are getting into sex without any real knowledge of what they are doing. I think what you did is awesome =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidnappedbylove
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:51 PM
You did the right thing. Good for you. The world could use more people like you who are willing to get involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyasMommy463
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM

So what did she say to you? and what does the mother think?

Ashley__Nicole
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM

One day that girl will thank you. She will probably remember it when she looks back and thinks " He couldve been my 1st..eww" Or realizes how successful she is later and realizes how much harder it wouldve been hd she gotten pregnant that day.

MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Quoting mom2twins9909:

I would of minded my own business, but thats just me. I don't know.

I agree with you on young girls these days. They are acting really grown for their age, it's scary. The other week at Victoria Secrets there was a girl there with her mom looking at lingerie. She told her mom that her boyfriend wouldn't like the color on her!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)