Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal in any way?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM
  • 6 Replies

Is it normal that my month old newborns are hungry every at various tiimes? An hour later, two hours later, but hardy ever three hours later. They drink formula and breastmilk [when I can make some for them]. Also sometimes they stay awake the entire time in between feedings! I was told they sleep ALOT, but to me, this is NOT alot of sleeping! They also will usually drink an entire 2 oz bottle [if not a half ounce or whole ounce more!] EVERY time they eat or else they cry and cry and cry. Cuddling, holding. singing, rocking, and the pacifier won't settle them, only more milk. I hope I'm not over feeding them, but they just seem so hungry! I thought they were cluster feeding, due to growth spurts and such, I heard that happens around 3 weeks old, but I think this is ridiculous...

confused

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirstn007
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:01 AM

my son ate every 1hr and 30mins , day and night. i was always feeding. i dont think he went much over 4 hrs. once he hit 3 months he started sleeping the whole night. it gets easier, its the first weeks that are the hardest...feeding-wise. dont worry.  my son wasnt a sleepy baby either, like during the day there were days at 3-5 weeks old he was up all day long and i am not kidding, i was like, arent u suppose to sleep! lol, he is 3 yrs now and he still takes a 3 hr nap and sleep 12 hrs per night. they DO get a schedule.dont worry so much just get through it good luck

phrenicfire89
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:02 AM

BUMP!

happymommy1105
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:02 AM
For the first few weeks, yeah its perfectly normal for nothing to be normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phrenicfire89
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:03 AM

ah! thank you! I feel like I am going crazy! lol

happymommy1105
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:05 AM
I remember crying my eyes our when my son was like 2 weeks old. He literally nursed every hour on the hour for an entire week. I thought I was dying.

It's a phase. They will settle into a routine.

Quoting phrenicfire89:

ah! thank you! I feel like I am going crazy! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChivosPet
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:08 AM

My one month old sometimes only eats half an once, sometimes 4 onces. She will takes breaks anywhere from 1-5 hours in between feedings, and she's sleeping even longer through the nights. She slept A LOT the first few weeks, but then at about 3 1/2 weeks she started staying up quite a bit more during the day, she still takes quite a few naps but she's staying up for 3 or so hours at a time if we're playing with her, that's just our experiance though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)