Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 7yros do not listen! And I'm talking about stupid stuff... Not throwing temper tantrums and what not. They don't do that, thankfully.

I'll give you two examples from this morning:

1. DS2 was flying his helicopter. It crashed. I told him to put it up until DH gets home and can replace the wing. Caught him trying to do it himself, causing permanent damage to his brand effing new helicopter!

2. DS1 dropped a toy behind the ottoman. I was busy trying to feed one of the abandoned kittens. I told him to just give me a minute while I finished feeding the kitten. Nope. He decided to try to move the ottoman himself. Scratched my hardwood floors! So pissed!

It's like the words "wait," "leave it alone," and "hold on" are not in their vocabs!

Aaaaah!!!

WTF, boys?!

What do you do to teach your kids a little freaking patience?! Because I'm about to lose mine lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
poshkat
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM

here if i say those he will stand behind me or next to me, and ask me "can we do it now?" "can i have it now"?

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Haha! My 4yro does that. "can we do it now?" "Are we there yet?" "Is it time now?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sam.Marie
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I have a 4yr old and an 18 month old...... they seriously make me want to pull my hair out!!!!! I say just a minute or hold on and literally a second later they ask again!!!!

A.Mommys.Love
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM

i have two. they do the SAMMMME thing. TWO BOYS- 3&4. They dont listen either. Not until dad steps in. lol

spcjones203
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Squirt bottle. Right on the back of the neck or knees. Let's them know that you are watching them and you KNOW they are up to no good. Followed by THE LOOK.

josiahmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I kno how you feel exactly.

sweetcandiecane
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM

We do this to Our 3 year old daughter. She stays on my nerves 

Quoting spcjones203:

Squirt bottle. Right on the back of the neck or knees. Let's them know that you are watching them and you KNOW they are up to no good. Followed by THE LOOK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)