Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You may hate me after this, but I have to vent it anyways.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM
  • 157 Replies
After reading alot of that smoking marijuana while pregnant post, and other moms (not here IRL) that brag about having "one wine drink" with dinner, or popping random OTC meds while pregnant...

It got me thinking.

I hate it. I hate it so much. Call me jaded or bitter, but when I was pregnant with my son, the second i found out, I didn't hang with people who smoked (I didn't smoke during my pregnancy with ds) I didn't even want second hand smoke around me, stopped staying up late (wanted alot of rest for growing baby) and cut myself off from a lot of people.

Even though i did everything RIGHT, didn't even take Tylenol, take hot baths, or anything else, my son STILL had a birth defect.

And I'm sorry, I'm not a big basher here, but it pisses me off some women will openly say they smoked weed while pregnant, had an "occasional" wine, and their babies wer 100% healthy, whereas I did everything "by the book" and he was sick as hell.

Just kind of makes me angry.

Go ahead and bash, don't care. Had to get it off my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaticiakay
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM
I don't blame you hun! People like that tick me off. I was SUPER careful during my pregnancies and one of my twin dds still has an immune deficiency. It was caused by the very fact that it was a twin pregnancy and she got less protection. Its hard to accept that I did everything right and she still will have deal with sickness her entire life. Its not the same as a birth defect obviously but I understand where you are coming from. *Hugs* mama =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cat17
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I here u , mind u i didnt nothing while i was pregnant that i wasnt supposed to and my daughter is health thank goodness, but i understand what your saying , bc when i see people smoke ect and pregnant im like you know your possibly hurting your baby right ? its like hurting this tiny infant thing on purpose neverless , so i hear ya

EMMYBEARSMOMMY
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I agree with you. The second I found out I was pregnant I did everything i could to make sure I had a healthy baby. It's not worth it to me to put my baby at risk for a selfish reason.

MamaDee386
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I am totaaly with you Mama!!

AmyParent
by Amy on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Hugs... I totally understand. I too did it all by the book and had a preemie with an 8 week NICU stay... Irony get why you'd even want to take the risk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Amy on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Irony = I don't

Quoting AmyParent:

Hugs... I totally understand. I too did it all by the book and had a preemie with an 8 week NICU stay... Irony get why you'd even want to take the risk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Im with u hon. I hate when they do all that crap. I made sure I did everything right. Refused to be in the same truck as my ds' sperm donor when he was smoking. I did everything right. I cant stand them smoking and drinking while pregnant. They make it seem no big deal. But the worst is my coworkers DOCTOR who told her she can drink a small glass of wine everyday cuz its GOOD for the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda.doll
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:59 PM

totally agree with this, its so ridiculous what people just cant sacrifice for their baby they chose to have.

knockedupagain
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM
I never did any of the above either.. Partly because of what you just said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UrbanSoccerMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:01 PM

i feel you. my son has autism and I tried to do everything by the book too... and for a while I still second guessed stupid things like eating ice cream too much...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)