Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This s**t pisses me off!!! How selfish!!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • 107 Replies

I read this article on The Stir about a woman who terminated two pregnancies because of morning sickness or the most severe morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum. She was so sick and throwing up all the time and was hospitalized because of it. She was soooo miserable and she terminated not 1, but 2 pregnancies!!!

This pisses me off because I went through the EXACT effin thing. I was so miserable, throwing up every single thing I ate. It didn't quit until they were out of me. I didn't think ONCE of terminating my babies because I was so sick. I wanted it to be over and done with, but I wouldn't be so selfish as to terminate them. If she was so damn sick she shouldn't have tried for a 2nd kid!! That is exactly why I don't EVER EVER EVER want to get pregnant again. Sheesh.

Would you do what she did?

If you want to read the full article go HERE

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manifer_momma
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Oh hell no! I went thru that with my 1st preg and terminating it NEVER crossed my mind . Smfh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
genemommy09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM
I went through it with both of my pregnancies I could never imagine doing that ....some people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KLBB1234
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM
So sad! I would never do this. I can't understand how anyone could!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maliya0608
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM

That is honestly beyond selfish and that woman doesn't even deserve to be able to get pregnant, i'm sorry. That just pisses me off!

I was also sick as hell with my 2nd pregnancy, not the entire pregnancy but for the first 5 months, couldn't keep anything down, lost weight, was severely dehydrated all the time and I still never once thought about terminating my pregnancy are you kidding me? WTH is wrong with people??????

army_wifey_06
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I would NEVER  do what she did. That is beyond selfish and that pisses me off to no end! I would go through what she went through in a heartbeat to have a healthy baby! We want another baby so bad and we were blessed enough with our healthy almost 2 year old but our first son was stillborn at 25 weeks and I just had an ectopic pregnancy in January (my HCG finally got back to 0 at the end of March). When you're a mom the last thing you are is selfish. I can't believe anyone would do that! Ahhhhh it makes me so mad.

Mrs.BAT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I'm not sure if I could abort, but I'm not going to judge her for what she did. However, since she's trying a THIRD time, I think she's an idiot and should consider surrgacy or something. I can't imagine having two children and then going through that. I don't think she was wrong for the two terminations (after all, those were several years apart and with her first husband, then her second, so she had reason to hope things would be better the second time), but trying for a third is just ridiculous.

littlenikkidf
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM
NEVER! I had hg when i was pregnant, and at times i thought i was going to lose my son because i couldnt provide him with the nurtients he needed, but i never ever, ever thought about terminating. i said to myself everyday, "tomorrow i'll be better. tomorrow i'll be okay. and in the end it will be worth it to hold my beautiful child." and it got me thru the hardest times! i was in and out the hospital my whole first trimester, but never once did the thought of abortion cross my mind! i think anyone who has hg and has the thought of abortion because of hg doesnt need to be having kids, because it does happen and it does suck but its worth it in the end.

sorry if it sounds mean, at the end, i just dont like the thought of ignorant people getting pregnant and then terminating the pregnancy because they didnt like something about it. those are, imo, the kind of people that dont need to have kids in the fist place...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I was very lucky and had no morning sickness with my first and very minimal with my second, so I have no idea how bad it can be or how miserable it makes you.  With that being said I couldn't imagine anything making me want to terminate my pregnancies.  

ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Wow. I was feeling for this woman at first. I really was, but why do you get pregnant again, on purpose? I can see where she felt she was so sick and didn't have a support system. I don't think abortion is ever an easy choice, but after knowing how sick she would be, why do it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom1988
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Never !!!! I couldnt do it nor think of doing it !!! I had cholestasis during my 1st pregnancy , i went thru hell : ( and i may suffer the same thing because its very possible but i never thought of terminating my child's life ....... My only concern was for my ds to be healthy , to make it until the end and for me to be able to give birth to my ds w/o complications ... Hold a happy , healthy baby : ) .... That women doesnt deserve to be able to get pregnant again , im sorry but why ?? To kill him/her ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)