Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to help my sister out

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

My sister called me today crying. The reason. She started her period. The thing is she is 22 years old. For the last three months she has had irregular periods. She has one every other week. She says that they are very painful, but not very heavy. She went to a doctor like 2 or 3 weeks ago and got the depo shot.

I was just wondering if anyone has went through this and knows what this could be. She said that she was going to go to an actual gynocologist monday. I just am trying to get information to help her out because this is really starting to scare her.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks ladies!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
soon2bmmy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM

BUMP!

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM

pcos? thats the only thing i could think of... mine arent heavy (really light!) but they are PAINFUL! the cysts are painful as well (what i'm dealing with now)... only difference is that i rarely get my periods (but i do get the pain- no idea why lol) and if i do get them, they last a few hours (about 20 hrs was my last one.. and TMI, but i didnt evne have to change my tampon if i didnt want to- it was that light)

soon2bmmy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:32 PM

BUMP!

kkcontreras
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:33 PM

My sisters both had abnormal periods on the depo shot and only did it once before switching to a new bc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)