Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sensitive subject!!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:55 PM
  • 23 Replies
So I have a friend that is married, well her and her hubby had split up for like 6 months because her sister's kids had been put in her custody basically because her sister is strung out on drugs. Her husband couldn't handle all the responsibilities for these two kids. But eventually he came back home and accepted having the kids. The very day he comes home she finds out she is pregnant by someone else. She got fired from her job like a week after he was home. So she made the decision to have an abortion because she knew if she told him he would leave again and she would have no way to support her niece and nephew. She felt like she was making an unselfish decision by aborting the baby and being able to keep her sisters kids. And unfortunately I am the one who took her to have the abortion, I am the ONLY person who knew! And ever since then I feel like a complete POS for just taking her. I've discussed this with my mom and she just tells me to look at it like I was just helping my friend out. And see the thing is the week before I took her she called me and said she was bleeding, so I took her to the ER where they gave her an internal US, and I was in there and we seen the baby and u could see its spine and arm and leg buds and heard the heartbeat!! I broke down in there because she was just mentioning abortion at this point. She already had the appt made but once she saw the baby she said she wasn't gonna do it! But then in the end she did. Sorry so long but I cant stop feeling like shit about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessBarnes53
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I am not a fan of abortion at all but don't beat yourself up over it. It's her body and unfortunatly she made her decision. You couldn't have changed her mind no matter what. and IMO she was being very selfish, she should have womaned up and told her hubby that she slept with someone else while they were apart. Sorry you feel so bad!! Good luck!

jaylinsmom1
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:59 PM

how far along was she...idk what to say about taking her in one hand you were just being a friend but in another if you dont belive in abortion i dont think i could have had any part in it Good Luck

mom2twins9909
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM
You are not a horrible person. She is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:03 PM
And you shouldn't feel bad. Im sorry. *Hugs*

Quoting mom2twins9909:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:05 PM
She was right at 10 weeks and I am TOTALLY against abortion I just felt like I was helping her out but now I feel like shit....literally!! And I told her she needed to suck it up and tell her husband but I couldnt make her do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Neither one of you is a POS.  It was her decision and you were just being a good friend and being there for her. If you weren't there she would have found somebody else or would have gone by herself. No one has the right to judge her and she was doing what she feels it right for her.

MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM
She just doesn't have any kids of her own and neither does her hubby. I just hope this wasn't the only child she could of had. Kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Quoting mom2twins9909:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exoticdiva63
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM
You were being a good friend and able to put your personal beliefs aside and stand by her side. That deserves a hug IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself. She made the decision not you. She did what she felt was right. She has to live with the fact that she ended the baby's life, not you. I am so sorry you're feeling this way. I think you need to ask someone else for help on this. You don't have to give out names and details, just let it be known you need support in this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)