Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice ASAP PLEASE, 21 weeks pregnant, think something is wrong...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM
  • 34 Replies

K, so im 21 weeks pregnant with my first child, thought i had an infection and went in last week, turned out I had bacterial vaginosis, which after research turns out is highly linked to premature birth, and got put on Class C heavy duty antibiotics for it,because of the risks of going untreated.

So, i started talking it last night.

But I havent been feeling right lately, for about 4 days. Really light headed all the time, almost like im gunna pass out, like I'm in a fog, and i cant really focus, plus feeling sick to my stomach alot along with it. Just DONT FEEL RIGHT.

And, ive been getting repeated sharp pains in my vagina, that travels from there, all the way to right below by belly button. its like a sharp ache.

And I noticed discharge two times within the last week that was really weird, it was suuuuuuper thick completely clear and jello like I guess youd say? and that came along with the sharp pains after that happened.

Like i said, the pains have been on and off for a few days.

Was reading my what to expect book and saw that the discharge sounds alot like my mucos plug??

If I have bacterial vaginosis, which can cause premature labor, looks like i may have lost my mucos plug, and im feeling continuosly light headed and dizzy

should I go to the hospital??

Or should I let it go and ignore it??

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samanthamarie91
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:59 PM
You should call the er. And talk to a nurse since it's late. But I would def do it ASAP. They will tell you if you should come in or not. Saves a trip if it's just the medicine.
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Well do what your gut says. But with that said I am gonna say the sharp pain can be round ligament pain from were your getting bigger, the discharge is were the antibiotics are killing the infection and the dizziness is from your body trying to pump all that extra blood a to where it suppose to go. Sit on the sit of the bed for a min b 4 u get up and stand slightly. Hope this helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkimcnemar
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM
I dont think it would hurt to go to the ER. but if it were me then I would go ahead and call my OB!
CaliMamma1013
I would call your dr. Keep in mind that strong antibiotics can upset your stomach pretty badly but I can understand how that pan would concern you. If you're feeling off, especially while prefers, it never hurts to make the call.
HeatherSumowski
When in doubt get it checked out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammie71121
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM

the light headedness started before the medicine, 3 days before, and is getting continuosly worse, im even having trouble focusing enough to type this, and i wen tin to the er 2 months ago for round ligament pain, and found out thats what it was, this pain is different. =[ but i will call the er.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Call your OB!

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:02 PM
And I had bv with one of my sons and carried him 42 weeks. And usually your mucus plug is very thick and yellowish with streaks of blood and it can come out long b 4 u go into labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM
I had bv with both pregnancys, dd was 41 wks, and im 39 wks with the second. It doesnt commonly cause preterm labor. But if your worried call the er or go in! It cant hurt and you know your body better than anyone! Keep us updated! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samantha2111
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM

id call and at least  talk to a nurse at the  er. just to be sure.  u can never be toooooo careful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)