Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Crabby

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 9:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am so mad this morning! Sean and I got some movies to watch last night so we stayed up until 1 or 2am. Kyla woke up a few times after that and guess who had to get up with her? I'm usually the one to do it though so it didn't surprise me. But this morning Kyla wanted to get up at 5am. I got her settled and a few minutes later she was fussing again. I asked Sean to get up and guess what he said? Nope. I was so pissed. I stayed up just as long as he did. I finally just grabbed Kyla and came upstairs.
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emily351982
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 9:57 AM
my husband has NEVER been the one to get up...
he has changed a total of ONE diaper and that was only b/c his mom was in town and MADE him do it, lol.  He rarely ever feeds the baby a bottle either.  It wouldn't be so bad but I have no family around here or anyone to ever help me so be happy with whatever tiny thing he does to help b/c it could probably be worse, lol.
MamaCass07
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:01 AM
I can totally relate. Mine never gets up and it sux. I have tried to reason with him and he won't hear it. For some reason he is the only on whose sleep is valuable. I wish I had some good advice for you!
Photobug
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 11:25 AM
You know I'm used to getting up with her I was just so tired. I'm always the one to get up even though I have to get up at 5:30am to get ready for work> Sean is working now, but even when he wasn't I got up. It gets tiresome and it wouldbe nice to have some help. At least he's started changing diapers, and he has no problem feeding her!
bubblemommy
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:02 PM
That really suxs! Personally, I would've have brought the baby back into the bedroom where he was sleeping and just let her cry for a bit and feed her right on the bed!!! If I'm mad at my DH for something I will leave the bedroom door open in the morning when the kids get up!!!
AprilAnney
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:08 PM
My boyfriend is pretty good about getting up with Julien in the morning... on mornings that neither of us work, we tend to rotate who gets up with him and who gets to sleep in.  Sometimes, when I'm really tired and grumpy at him for staying out late and drinking the night before, I bring Julien in the bedroom and let him bother Chris.  Some mornings I'm not in the mood, so if I'm up- HE'S up too!
momoflukas
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:09 PM
I am SO sorry.  I know how hard it is to get up with a baby all the time.  I hate it when I feel like my baby is totally a sleep and I put him down and about fifteen minutes later he is up again.  My husband works graveyards so I don't really ever get help either.  So I totally understand but on the weekends he usually will get up if I need him too a lot of the times he is already awake since he can't get use to sleeping just at night on the weekends.
Matka
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:10 PM
My husband has been taking Mela, our daughter, for the past 2 months.  I told him I'm fed up & I refuse to get out of bed.  LITERALLY, I REFUSE TO MOVE!!!  And I poke him, shake him, & keep saying " are you getting her now or when she gets angry? "  Seems to work.  I just REALLY NEEDED past two months to actually sleep.  Especially after we've moved 1900 miles away from my friends & all our trusted babysitters.
redneckangel24
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:18 PM
if there was a club for that id be the first to join my bf doesnt get up at all with our son i even mean during the day if we are watching tv he wont even get to get a bottle so i know how you feel what i started doing since he wont get up with him is when hunter wakes up i put him in the bed with us and give him his bottle and hunter usually agervates my bf untill he actually gets out of bed then hunter goes back to sleep and i do too
Atarismommy
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:26 PM
I feel so sorry for you. I haven't gotten up with my daughter since she was 3 months old. She's almost 8 months now and her daddy gets up with her at night and when our schedules allow.. he lets me sleep in. Its a respect thing. He knows taking care of our child is harder than doing any job so he lets me sleep. You should have a talk with your husband and tell him if he respects you for what you do with the children.. then he needs to pull his weight!
kitchengretchen
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Sorry your man won't get up for the baby; mine doesn't either. I bring Kadin into the bedroom and feed him there, but I think most men are good at ignoring baby cries and chatter. Sometimes it feels like we (as women) are responsible for every baby duty, plus all of the normal chores of running a household. (And I work, too- from home, with the baby!) Sorry- I am also in a crabby mood right now and irritated with my husband!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN