Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

slim fast

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 1:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
has anyone ever done this? i really need to get this weight off of me and i just started dieting and now that its getting nicer i'm going to start jogging and i might join a gym soon. but i was going to do slim fast too just to help. does anyone know if it works at all?
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MmySteph2
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 1:31 PM
my hubby used slim fast for a while and it didnt really work for him some people it does and some it doesnt
aidans_mama
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 1:34 PM
it worked for me, in fact that is what i am doing right now to lose some weight.  you are supposed to follow their type of plan they have, like drink one can and eat some other low fat thing, but most of the time i don't, i just drink the can, twice a day, and eat a sensible dinner, with some exercise, and i lose weight.  you can find out more information and a meal plan and other good stuff at their website.  www.slimfast.com you can also join and set up your own personalized diet plan.  hope that helps and best of luck to you.

tiffany
armywife_mommy4
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 3:53 PM
Slim fast does work in some cases. However, you have to be careful. You cannot eat ANYTHING 2 hours before, or three hours after drinking one of the shakes, or it will cause you to put on more weight than it helps you to lose. This does not happen in every case, but it has happened in many. It actually happened to my mother when she tried using it to lose weight.
Omayra_M
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 4:01 PM
It personally didn't work for me. I just couldn't stick with it. Especially at work when some of my co-workers would bring lunch from McDonald's and offered me a french fry... |It takes a lot of will power. What always has worked for me is lots and lots of exercise and eat just about everything I want when I'm hungry... That was stuff I did before I was pregnant but I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter and now that I'm pregnant again I'll have to work twice as hard. I'm planning on getting a personal trainer.

Omayra
mamakapper
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 4:14 PM
It worked for me til i got pregnant again! The thing that I don't like about "diets" is that when you get to the weight you want and stop using the stuff you could gain it all back. I would try eating healthy food and portions and excercising regularly instead of rollercoaster diets. Try Dr. Phil's book, they are really good!
mareagor
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 5:43 PM
I never used it to lose weight, but to maintain a healthy weight.  I mostly used it as a healthy, tasty nutritional supplement.  I grabbed a can from the fridge on my way out the door if I was running too late to eat breakfast, or if I craved chocolate milk as a snack, I would use ultra slimfast powder instead of nesquick or carnation and shake it with skim milk and ice.
Until I was pregnant I ate a "mediterranean diet" and it worked very well for me and I think that is what I will stick with in the future as well.  It's always easiest and best to create healthy habits than start and stop diets.
Good luck!
chick_rock_mom
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 5:54 PM
It may work, but theres ALOT of sugar in those things. If you do it, do the "optima" because it has less sugar. Honestly I wouldn't do that. There are many different programs you can do where you eat REAL FOOD instead of overly processed shakes. I lost 65 pounds doing Atkins. There's also southbeach, the Zone, etc. There's just something wierd to me about drinking those shakes and eating those bars. Its processed. I would rather eat real food. Best of luck!
xonoelle143ox
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 6:14 PM
weight watchers! slim fast is nasty! weight watchers is such a good program it takes will power but what diet doesnt?! you can eat almost anything just in moderation because its a point system.There are so many foods you can eat that are 1 or 2 points and you can eat all day. Most Veggies are 0 points and i love veggies. Check It Out  Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)