Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had my mom living with me for a while and while she was here she installed a home phone, which she paid for ( thats another post). Anyways she just moved back into town and she really didn't have anybody to call her cause she lives with me and she worked, but that is it. Well since she got the phone all I had was telemarketers call (usually Dish Network) and no matter how mad I got or yelled at them they always called back and at the worst possible times. Well one day I got an idea, since they like to call and talk I will give them someone to talk too. I handed the phone to my 3 yr son and let him talk away! It was so cute and funny! Sometimes they would hang up and sometimes they would actually talk to them. I've been a telemarketer so I know all about it but it is a choice to be one. Anyways is this mean??

by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 5:31 PM
Replies (21-22):
Tabzthemommy
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 9:21 PM
No way!! I've done that!

This is a good story -

My grandpa who is about 68 had one calling non-stop. So one day he answered the phone and they asked Mr. ___ how you you today? *he grunted* UUUUU. She said Okay, well, I am calling to offer you a blah blah blah blah and let her talk and just grunted *uuuuu* She said are interested.. He grunted. She then said Mr ___ are you okay? He said loudly another grunt ! UUUUUUUUU. That lady was so confused. She never called back again.

I was laughing so hard.

Another time... I had the flu. I had one call me. She asked for the lady of the house. I said " I'm really sick, can we do this another time?" She said Okay can I have the lady of the house. " I said this is her." She started her rabble and I said " MAM I am really sick, I can't do this right now. " She said Okay. And kept going so I went in the bathroom and puked with her on the phone. She just stopped talking and hung up. She never called again either.

Some people need to know when to stop.
danielleg1022
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Your grandpa is funny LOL! What gave me the idea was when I would be on the phone my son constantly ask "Can I talk? Can I talk?" And if you ignore him he only gets louder so when he said that the day I was actually on the phone with a telemarketer, I said "You sure can sweetie!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)