Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o from Futureshock's "waiting till marriage" post

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:37 AM
  • 49 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you, or do you feel that your virginity was something of value, to be treasured?

Options:

I did, and still do feel that my virginity was something special, and to be cherished.

I used to feel that my virginity was special and valuable, but i feel differently now.

I didnt used to think that my virginity was of value, and as an adult, i wish that i had.

I dont and never have felt that virginity was something special per se.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 122

View Results

Do you, or did you feel that your virginity was something special? Something of value?

Do you, feel that sex is something special?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyjenn84
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:39 AM
Yes but I don't think not being married or even no longer being together lessened that. I was in love, young but in love and did what I felt was right.. 12 years later I feel the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:42 AM
I was raised in a Christian family where abstinence was preached constantly (I had a promise ring from my parents) and was taught how "precious" your virginity was/is. I thought it was a bunch of bull. I lost it young and I regret it today. I wish with all my heart dh had been my first on our wedding night. As it turned out irl I was 6 mo pregnant when we got married and we didn't even have sex the night of because he fell asleep :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:42 AM

I voted for don't and never have...It just never really mattered that much to me.  IDK why, I just felt like it wasn't tha tbig of a deal.  It's just sex, everyone does it.

Tink0711
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Yes, but I didn't wait til I was married (I'm still not married). Yet I didn't just go to bed with the first guy who asked. I waited til I was sure of the guy & the relationship. Yes I was wrong with the first guy, but I got it right this time.

mtsmom1986
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:50 AM
I used to feel that way. I lost my virginity to my first husband and got pregnant (most likely) the same night. I don't regret my son, but I DO regret losing it to my ex. TMI alert: I've had sex with less than 10 guys, but now that I'm remarried, I kinda sorta wish I was as experienced as my husband because I honestly feel like an idiot some days/nights LMAO. I'm talking, need a copy of "sex for dummies" idiot :p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:51 AM

See, i feel completely different. One of the biggest things that went through my mind when my ex husband (my first) pulled the douchebag card, and we got divorced, was that he didnt deserve my virginity. It was HARD to save myself for my husband ya know, i was proud of that, and i seriously felt, and still feel, that he didnt deserve something so special. It is interesting how many different opinions there are ya know?

Quoting mommyjenn84:

Yes but I don't think not being married or even no longer being together lessened that. I was in love, young but in love and did what I felt was right.. 12 years later I feel the same.

krayzbabylove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:53 AM

I know what you mean, i was prego when we got married too. We were engaged when we got prego, so i mean, i sorta feel like that makes it a little bit better, haha (probably doesnt) but i wish that our first night together as a married couple had been new, and exciting, but we didnt have sex either; either time actually lol

Quoting novachick:

I was raised in a Christian family where abstinence was preached constantly (I had a promise ring from my parents) and was taught how "precious" your virginity was/is. I thought it was a bunch of bull. I lost it young and I regret it today. I wish with all my heart dh had been my first on our wedding night. As it turned out irl I was 6 mo pregnant when we got married and we didn't even have sex the night of because he fell asleep :-/

dsptchmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM
I felt my virginity was of value and special right up until it was taken from me against my will. After that I felt like it was better to just say yes and have the sex be under MY terms then to say no and be ignored. So j became quite promiscuous. Now that I'm older I feel sex is something very special and don't sleep with just anyone anymore, but still kinda feel like my virginity lost its specialness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM

It makes me wonder what it is about different people that makes them feel so starkly different about things like this, other than religion which is obvious.

Quoting JealousGrrl:

I voted for don't and never have...It just never really mattered that much to me.  IDK why, I just felt like it wasn't tha tbig of a deal.  It's just sex, everyone does it.

krayzbabylove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:55 AM

That happenes to SO many victems of rape! I am so sorry you had that happen to you! After my assault, i became a total tease, that was my way of controling my sexuality. A REALLY stupid way, but a way none the less.

Quoting dsptchmommy:

I felt my virginity was of value and special right up until it was taken from me against my will. After that I felt like it was better to just say yes and have the sex be under MY terms then to say no and be ignored. So j became quite promiscuous. Now that I'm older I feel sex is something very special and don't sleep with just anyone anymore, but still kinda feel like my virginity lost its specialness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)