Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel like a bad mother!! need help

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
My oldest son is handful. He will 4 in july, he smacks me and punches, he yells at me. He never listens. I dont like to spank nless my children can get hurt like running from daddy and i and ect.. when i do time outs, take toys or treats away.. he still doesnt listen. Im a sahm. I have been with him since birth. I dont kno what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
t1gger143
by Katie on May. 21, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Does he understand why he is in time out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM

I wish I could give you some advice but my 3 year old is the same way. She doesn't punch but she will try to hit me and she does occasionally yell at me. She NEVER listens no matter what we do, take toys away, take tv time away, take away time out at the park...nothing! Time outs don't really do much for her and we only spank if she's really bad, sometimes the spankings get her to listen, but not for very long. She's been a nightmare this morning and I'm about ready to pull my hair out...

bdflykisses
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM

My son who's gonna be 4 in June is the same way.  I've gotten him to stop hitting me (I'm pregnant so I told him it'd hurt the baby and he doesn't want that at all), but he doesn't listen otherwise.  We've also done time outs and all that jazz and even though he knows why he's in trouble I guess he just thinks he doesn't have to put up with any punishment no matter how many times I tell him to stay where I put him and why.  I even tried spanking and it didn't do any good either.  I don't have any advice for you, just figured I'd let you know that you aren't alone.  *hugs*

lauren07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Yes, he understand But if i put him in time out he wont listen i dont any control over him it seems like. When daddy does it he listens to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Im also 27 wks pregnant .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slm047
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Do you spend more of your time telling him NO then you do of telling him what he can do? I've had some behavioral issues with my 3 year old. I praise her when she is doing right, and instead of telling her no, I give her suggestions on what she could do.

My3LuVs83
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM
Wow my oldest was really obedient.. But its getting worse as he gets older he is now 8 and cries about everything that doesnt go his way. He whines about everything. I do time outs in the bathroom with the door open but the light off and it works. He does better at home cuz when were out in public he acts up. Good luck momma keep trying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slm047
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Btw, I don't completely avoid the word NO altogether, sometimes it's definitely needed. But instead of saying, "No, don't hit the dog." I say "Honey, we pet the dog like this."

jazzy020106
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM

honestly.. i would be spanking WAY more often...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)