Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

World awaits rapture-I highlighted the important parts in red!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

World Awaits Rapture - Nothing Yet

Updated: Saturday, 21 May 2011, 1:30 PM CDT
Published : Saturday, 21 May 2011, 11:25 AM CDT

(NewsCore) - WASHINGTON -- Warnings of Judgment Day by a US preacher appeared premature Saturday despite sending some people into hiding or rushing to repent, as others partied to wave off good Christians.

Televangelist Harold Camping's prophecy insists the so-called "Rapture" will begin with powerful earthquakes at 6:00 pm local time in each of the world's regions, after which the good will be taken into heaven.

According to the 89-year-old and his religious broadcasting network, Family Radio, the not-so-good will suffer hell on earth until October 21, when God will pull the plug on the planet once and for all.

One of the first places to be hit, according to Camping, who first wrongly predicted the end of the world in 1994, would be New Zealand -- but 6:00pm came and went with no earthquakes and little local media attention.

Internet users, meanwhile, joked about creating a fake Rapture if Camping's prediction did not pan out.

On Twitter, non-believers suggested laying out old clothing and shoes on pavements and lawns to give the impression that someone had indeed been beamed up, or releasing inflatable dolls into the sky.(bahahahaha)

Others joked about a massive amount of paperwork facing authorities as pranksters threatened to file thousands of missing person reports, just for fun.

Internet users also discussed their favorite "rapture music playlists" for when the time arrives, and the perfect pick-up lines for that final romance before the end, such as, "I promise it won't be awkward in the morning."

Suicide prevention hotlines have been set up, according to the Washington Post, amid fears Family Radio followers would be depressed if the apocalypse fails to materialize.( going to hell for this BUT... Bahahahahaha)

In the United States, where Camping's evangelizing group is based, some people have quit their jobs and hit the road to urge others to repent before it is too late.

In Australia, another early target of Camping's doomsday predictions, Christians greeted news of the end of the world with skepticism and humor before the fateful hour passed without incident.

"It's not being taken seriously at all," said theologian Ian Packer from the Australian Evangelical Alliance, noting the May 21 deadline was being greeted with "openly humorous talk."

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/unusual/world-awaits-rapture-nothing-yet-dpgonc-20110521-bb_13306692#ixzz1N2KJ1iWn

Lusty Lenox

save the date

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kleigh24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM

lol I will see you in hell then
hope they have a bar there

PhiLLy-StyLe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM
Idiots .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:03 PM

for even trying to predict the end of the world? ya i guess they really are :)

Quoting PhiLLy-StyLe:

Idiots .

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wendaline
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Haha! Lying out clothes on the streets...oh how I wouls have loved to see that!!!

aprilsalcro
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Quoting Wendaline:

Haha! Lying out clothes on the streets...oh how I wouls have loved to see that!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I would put shoes and dry ice out >_< I'm so evil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM

bahahahaha   Those ppl who quit their jobs are stupid...Duh...rapture?  come one...

calimommy1021
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I just think it's sad how this guy has people freaking out because they actually thought that the rapture would happen today. I wonder what he has to say for himself now.

lenoxclan
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I am guessing he isn't saying shit! LOL I'd imagine that at the very least, he is in hiding.. wait.. the article said this wasn't his first wrong prediction on this.. hmmm.. He is saying the ones who believe are a bunch of dumb asses and he laughs at their dumbness... HELLO I've been wrong before! What makes you think this time was any different?

TempestRayne
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM

This stuff makes me so mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)