Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fans and little ones?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

we moved from a place with centeral air to our first home that is a little bit of a fixer upper but the furance is newers and no centeral air, so the heat is getting to us, and its not even june yet, i fear window air condtioners my grams apartment caught fie that way, I have very adventorus 3 and 4 year olds there rooms are pretty warm daughter has yet to complain my son hates it and complaine frequently, i bought a ton of fans, but im not real comfy with the idea of putting fans in there room for fear of them sticking things in there espically tiny fingers, i will buy celing fans but have to take care of some things first anybody have fans in there kids rooms? or any tips on cooling it down for them?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnvplus2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM
We have a box fan in our kiddos room. They are aged 3 and 2. We haven't had problems with the fan but we have had to use fans for awhile so they learned to not touch or play with them forever ago. We explained how it could hurt them (we did it to where they could understand) and if they tried to mess with them we told them no and moved them away from it. So my kiddos know better. Maybe try explaining to them that it will hurt if they touch. I wish I had more advice :/ I hope you're able to get it cool for them. The heat sucks badly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:25 PM

i bought one of the tall skinny ones and the openings are so tiny you couldn't get much of anything in one :)  i bought mine at wal-mart.

aprilsalcro
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Im so glad I have central air
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Im so glad I have central air

lol me too!  the house i bought while i was in high school didn't have central air but it wasn't big so two window air conditioners kept that place chilly!  it was nice too because i remember they had remotes so i didn't have to get up to change the temperature lol.  that's the only place i've ever lived my entire life that didn't have central air (same with dishwashers, i can't live without those because i've always had one).

Schleetle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM

DD has a space heater that also turns into a fan so she can't stick her fingers in it. If you can buy one that they can't put their fingers in that may be safer, but if that isn't a possibilty right now maybe try putting it in a place that is out of reach while in their beds.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM
This!

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

i bought one of the tall skinny ones and the openings are so tiny you couldn't get much of anything in one :)  i bought mine at wal-mart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennWoodley
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

i grew up in bossier city LA and had a box fan in my window with no ac from the time i was 1 till i was 12 yrs old.   i lived.  BUT i spent alot of hot summer nights in the bed with my mom and dad who had an ac in their room lol

JennWoodley
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM

and a tower fan would be good....my ds has had one in his room ever since he was a real little guy, my debit card ended up in there once, but thats about it.  lol...but i wasnt laughing at the time. 

Lindsey624
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM

honestly, i'd just explain to them over and over that they can get hurt and not to mess with the fans. if the continued tempting fate and stuck  their finger in there once, i think they would learn and never do it again. 

juansmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM

lol i just saw the tower fan i think ill spring for that, this house has no ac and no dish washer lol, but its ours dangit and my hubby gets down often saying how we deserve so much more and he feels this place still isnt good enough, so i dont complain to him because this house truly is nice and once we fix it up little by little it will be a dream house, but dang do i miss those luxeries lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)