Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

25 weeks pregnant and measuring 31cm???

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

Okay, so I went to the doctor on monday, i was 24 weeks and 4 days at that point, and the dr measured me at 25 cm, perfect! right?

So last night I went to the hospital(at 25 weeks 1 day) just to be safe about stomache pains (they said everything was fine btw) and they measured me at 31cm!!!!

CLEARLY large for 25 weeks, so I kept asking and asking if that meant I could be farther along than we have thought, or if it means im having a big baby. And all they would tell me was 'it could be either one you will have to ask your dr next time you see him' like it wasnt a big deal. WELL IT IS TO ME!!!

its a REALLY big measurement difference!

Any comments on this??

What do I do?

How far along would I be to be measuring that big??

And has anyone else had this happen? I mean this drastically different measurement compared to what it should have been??

PLEASE REPLY AND BUMP!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristaross08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:02 PM
I had one dr measure me bigger than I actually was then went to my other one and measured on time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmunchkin24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM
No idea but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstensmommie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM

it sounds like the hospital may have measured you wrong.

Sammie71121
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM

im hoping the measurements were wrong...in a way. Im almost hoping that I am farther along at the same time though because it would explain aloooot through my pregnancy so far if I was farther than I am. My mother in law and I were thinking I was for quite sometime because this is my frist baby and I could feel her more than a month earlier than the drs said I would, they even told me i was telling a lie when I said I could clearly feel her early.

Not to mention my symptoms came and went earlier than they should have too!

hmm.....i just cant get it off my mind.

Sammie71121
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM

oh AND ive looked wayy more pregnant than i am through this whole thing!

UrbanSoccerMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM

my measurements were never right... my son was just huge. but that's too big of a jump.... get remeasured.

erinbills
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:10 PM

it seems that every doctor measures from different spot so it could just be this one measured you to a different spot than your regular doc. I wouldn't worry unless your doc gets you quite a bit larger than you should be

aamommy2011
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM

its common for babies to have growth spurts.  ds measured 6 weeks ahead at a couple points. turned out he was stretched out. he never curled in a ball and always stuck his butt out, stretching my stomach.

Sammie71121
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM

i gotta wait till wednesday for that, its gunna kill me to wait it out!

alylm09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I was only like 18-20 I think at 25 weeks But i can't remember exactly seems like they are messuring wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)