• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why didn't i think of that? mom tips... *edit*

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM
  • 65 Replies

so I just discovered how AWESOME it is to shave with baby oil instead of shaving cream or soap.  smoothest skin i have ever had and no razor burn!

my other favorite tip is to add sprinkles to oatmeal when a kid won't eat it.

what are your favorite tricks of the trade?

for clarification, this does NOT need to be about hygiene.  any cool thing that involves being a mother is welcome.  discipline, bedtime, games, toys, marraige, so/dh, sex, hygiene, or cutting the damn grass

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I use the matte side of toilet liners as blot paper when my skin is a little shiny but I don't want to muss my makeup.

aamommy2011
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM

razor bumps on bikini area?? deoderant after shaving.

kid wont eat veggies? blend veggies in with pasta sauce/ smoothies.

kleigh24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:47 PM

hmm never tried baby oil

UrbanSoccerMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:47 PM

my son eats everything I eat... so when I am trying a new food with him, I eat it first and refuse to share... he then thinks it's flipping amazing and wants some... works EVERY TIME

meganhead
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM

like underarm deoderant?  you just swipe that stick straight onto your hoo?

Quoting aamommy2011:

Brittany0602
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:49 PM

BUMP!

HippieMomma08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Lotion works for shaving too!

Also hair spray your face to keep your makeup from running. It's an old cheer trick but after chasing a toddler all day and sweating my big pregnant ass off in this heat.. my make up is always in tact when DH gets home =)

aamommy2011
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM

well not directly on it, that might feel gross, but in the bikini area, like the V area.

Quoting meganhead:

Quoting aamommy2011:

I'm a pro-life, spanking, circing, co-sleeping, baby wearing, selective and delayed vaxing, disposable diapering, pumping and formula giving, tattooed, Christian, non-church going, pansexual, pierced, open minded, coupon clipping, homemade meal making, baby food making, young, single mom.

HippieMomma08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Yep. As soon as you get out of the shower. Don't know why but it keeps razor burn away and it doesn't get all itchy when your hair starts to grow back.

Quoting meganhead:

Quoting aamommy2011:

aradenheimer84
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM

lol, i hadn't heard of using baby oil, although my sis normally uses lotion instead of shaving cream lol 

I use a mans razor instead of a womens lol but it workssss sooooo much better :)  instead of using those expensive bleaches or wax n ect to get rid of facial hair n ect use some the sticky ends of a band aid or regular tape. ( never did this myself) Tape also works just like those strips you put on you nose to get the oil n stuff out. Lol (found that out playing elephant with my girls. this is where you take a longer piece of tape apply it to the tip of your nose and ya la....you have a silly game to play with kids) Had to come back for a second to add that if you want an awesome conditioner and something to help you hair grow longer use mayo! Yes i agree it sounds weird but it works wonders!!! If you take a warm towel n wrap you hair with the mayo it works even better lmao (makes you hair so soft n shiny best thing i've ever used) Also if you kids have just a couple of headlice apply mayo to the hair put on cheap lil disposable hair cap for bout 15 min n it will kill them (that came from my aunt who did it with her son and also is a licensed hair person)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)