Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Braxton Hicks?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 8:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
This is my first pregnancy and I'm not really sure what to expect. The past few days I've had alot of cramping at the lower part of my belly. I'll get a sharp pain and feel like I need to sit and once the pain goes away I can get back up. The cramp doesn't go away right away,  and it varies. My sister-in-law said it sounded like when she had braxton hicks contractions. I'm only 28 weeks. Am I having braxton hicks contractions or is it just cramps from my belly strecthing.
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyandBecca
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 8:40 PM
It can be a little of both actually becasue when i was pregnant with my daughter i got this sharp pain in my left side and they said it was from the ligaments streching and man did it hurt.
sdolly
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 8:40 PM
could be both but let me tell i've only had one baby so far and around 20 weeks i had the most horrible intense braxton hicks to the point i thought i was in premature labor, doctors had no reason for just something i went thru...i wouldn't worry about it to much, did you ever read the book called "what to expect when your expecting" every new mom should read this book if you have anymore questions feel free to ask
LongBeachLiz
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 8:43 PM
You know that does sound like braxton hicks (it feels just as bad as contractions and most can't tell them apart).  Honestly since you're only 28 weeks I would tell your doctor.  I'm sure it is just BH which I got well before I was due but it's better safe than sorry.  
ellasmom1
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Thank you for all the advise. I'll call my doctor tomorrow to make sure it's nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)