Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ever feel like youve forgotten?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

i always felt that i was "a natural". even though i had my moments of new momdom, it came rather easily for me at first.

my son is now 2.5, and i was recently watching my friends 11 month old and it occurred to me...its not always like riding a bike! interpreting cries was more difficult, i was blown away by how much more he needed to be changed and his eating schedule. had i forgotten everythign about parenting a smaller baby? i felt so out of touch!

anyone felt like the old info you needed to retain as a mom slowly gets replaced by the new information?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Chelhaidax
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I have a 2.5 DD & just recently had a baby boy 4/22/11 & i was so worried that i forgot how to tend to a new baby but once he came i was bk to being a natural :)

2boysmommy.js
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:18 AM
nope, but ive always had an infant around. Or 2. My boys are almost 5&3, and ive got a friend with a 1yo and 2mo. But i know what your saying, i alays knew what to do for babies, at 12 i was a dream of a live in sitter for my aunt, and i could always calm and knew what to do for other babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeyStew
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM

ALL THE TIME!!! It's so strange sometimes! You're so used to how your children are right now!! Like I have a 3 yr old and my sister has an 11 month old and it's so strange how much I actually forgot.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Oh, absolutely.  Luckily though, when you have another one, it all comes right back again.  lol

racheljessee
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM
I felt like that when my ds was born. Dd was almost 4 and it was crazy how much is forgotten about having a newborn! But when its your own it comes back pretty naturally.
My3LuVs83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM
it happens.. My ds was 7 when i had my new baby and i had almost forgotten everything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I feel that way now. My oldest is almost 4 and my baby is 7m. Looking at how different they are I am always thinking, "did I forget how to take care of a baby?" lol! But I think it's just because they are so different. My first was a good baby. She ate when she was supposed to, was a good napper, hardly ever cried. The baby, she won't eat, she won't nap, is always crying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)