Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i the only awkward one?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
so i was married before. got divorced. i have a kid.
thats really common no big deal. but why do i find it awkward to call my so my boyfriend? now that im a divorcee. it sounds kinda juvenile now.

and why do i almost feel ashamed sometimes when i just think aboutthe fact that im divorced and only 24.

did anyone else go thru this? how did you over come this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TexasWife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM

I always felt weird refering to my now husband as my boyfriend. I don't think you have any reason to feel bad about being divorced. You know people our age are always growing and ever changing. Mainly because we are still figuring out who we are and what we like. We are trying to settle into our lives. Things happen.

momti
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM
I agree that you should not feel badly about being divorced. Unfortunately its one of those things that happen in life sometimes. It does not make you any less. About your boyfriend...i have trouble calling mine that too. My SO amd i have been together 7yrs but we are not married. We also have two children together. I feel very awkward calling him anything really because how do u define a reltionship like this :S....usually i refer.to him ad "my other half"!
WrapNLoseInches
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM
thank you... glad to see im not the only one with issues using boyfriend! i thought maybe i was just an awkward duck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I never call my SO my boyfriend. I agree, it just feels and sounds so juvenile. Don't feel bad about being divorced. If you weren't meant to be then it was for the best that you separated.

sara_3388
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Quoting TexasWife:

I always felt weird refering to my now husband as my boyfriend. I don't think you have any reason to feel bad about being divorced. You know people our age are always growing and ever changing. Mainly because we are still figuring out who we are and what we like. We are trying to settle into our lives. Things happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)