Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about your electric bill.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM
  • 54 Replies

Are you fixed or variable?

If you vary, have you ever had huge changes at once?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mtsmom1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM
Varies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:37 AM
Varies but no huge changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:37 AM

It varies.  Ours varies a lot actually. Some months are around 150, some are around 100.  This month is 98. 

prettygirl326
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM

i am fixed...i like it that way. variable can be good, but i don't like that fact that if consumption is less than the rate at that month, your bill still goes up. fixed rate is around the same each month unless we run our ac all the time.

Tabitha109
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM

varies, usually stays close to the same unless we're out of town and they go down alot.

Tara922c
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Well right now we are having problems with our electric bill. For a year and a half it we always used about 900 to 1300 Kwh. In december I was stuck with a 450 dollar electric bill, and we found out we used 3000 kwh! Ever since, we have used over 3000 kwh. In April 2010 we used 1005 kwh, this April we used 3200. We had our meter checked, it was fine. Since we live in apartments we have to wait for the management company to investigate. There is something wrong. I live in a 2 year old complex, all energy star, and we watch our lights. My bill was 317, my neighbors bills were all around 100! Our apartment is only 1100 sq. feet! Electrians came out, and they are coming back so hopefully it will be fixed soon because I really can't afford the 500 dollar bills I can see this summer!

For the most part before our ridiculos bills, they were about the same, but a little bit more in the summer. We did change electric companies, we have lower bills because we have a much lower rate, but the usage is still insane.

TexasWife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:49 AM

That stinks.

Quoting Tara922c:

Well right now we are having problems with our electric bill. For a year and a half it we always used about 900 to 1300 Kwh. In december I was stuck with a 450 dollar electric bill, and we found out we used 3000 kwh! Ever since, we have used over 3000 kwh. In April 2010 we used 1005 kwh, this April we used 3200. We had our meter checked, it was fine. Since we live in apartments we have to wait for the management company to investigate. There is something wrong. I live in a 2 year old complex, all energy star, and we watch our lights. My bill was 317, my neighbors bills were all around 100! Our apartment is only 1100 sq. feet! Electrians came out, and they are coming back so hopefully it will be fixed soon because I really can't afford the 500 dollar bills I can see this summer!

For the most part before our ridiculos bills, they were about the same, but a little bit more in the summer. We did change electric companies, we have lower bills because we have a much lower rate, but the usage is still insane.

TexasWife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I was just wondering. I couldn't remember if my husband and I had fixed or vary in the past.

jcsmummy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:01 AM
variable. in the winter it's about $300 bi- monthly. in warm weather it's half of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM
I have no idea since we don't pay it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)