Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it ok for a 2 yr old to watch black ops being played??

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM
  • 25 Replies
Idk. What do you think? Ds loves to sit with SO while he plays. SO says its nbd, just a game. And its military. And we are a military familyI just don't know...ds loooves airplanes and sometimes he will point at the screen and get excited and say "airplane!"...only to see the plane get shot out of the sky...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaimesever
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 AM
My 5 y/o daughter plays zombies while her brother who is 3 watches.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:31 AM
Lol I don't really mind him watching zombies. I tell him we are killing monsters lol. But idk about the more real life stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayhoff
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 AM

I dont let my four year old watch it, but to each their own. My friends son who is 5 plays it all the time.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 AM

my son started playing COD when he was about 2... back then it was on the reg xbox. he was also playing GTA. he's 5 now and has been playing black ops since it came out! lol we arent a military family. he's pretty good for a 5 year old, too. when he wants to play, he can get up there (like double digits in kills, single digits in deaths)... or when he wants to just play around, he sucks, i think his worst was 0-20-something. lol we share the same gamer tag but outta like all 70+ friends, i only have about 10. the rest is his! lol

kdgord
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 AM
My boys have watched my hubby play the call of duty games since they were tiny and it hasn't affected them at all. We just made sure to always tell them that it was a game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaihla0709
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 AM
My kids watch it. We tell them we are getting the bad guys. Ds is 3 and dd is 2. When she hears the dogs she yells dog dog or hears the air planes she yells plane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Amy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:35 AM

My kids (5 and 2) have been in the room but if they start to really watch it instead of playing or watching their show I make DH turn it off or I take them outside.

retent
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:37 AM

All my kids play and my youngest is 1.5yrs old. They were having heart attacks when the PlayStation network went down for a few weeks and they couldn't play online

504bbymami
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:38 AM
Yea, we have a little dvd player and tv set up in the living room in ds little play area. I try to at least have sesame street or something on his tv that would interest him better and be better for him to watch.

Quoting AmyParent:

My kids (5 and 2) have been in the room but if they start to really watch it instead of playing or watching their show I make DH turn it off or I take them outside.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:39 AM

I wouldn't. I just don't think its appropriate but I know my son and I know whats good for HIM and what isn't. Not all kids are effected by stuff like that. Mine does get more violent with exposure to violence. So its a no go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)