• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cancelling :(

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

would you cancel a lunch date if you had some kind of sinus thing or any other minor illness?

i was supposed to meet my old friend from high school at tim hortons at 11am.  i haven't spent time with her in about 8 years and we were going to eat there and then bring her kids (who i haven't met) and mine over here so they could play and we could catch up.  we just found out we live about a one minute drive from each other (we're both actually from a town 45 minutes from here) so i know we'll get the chance to hang out again but i feel really bad!  my nose started running a few days ago and now i've started coughing (like to the point i can get to sleep).  i just don't want to expose her and her kids but i feel like i'm just flaking out. 

what would you do?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KeepOnWalking
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I'd do the same thing. I don't like being even a littls sick or allergenic when with friends!

DakotaHaley
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I would cancel and just tell her why. You don't want to go and try to have a good time feeling miserable. I'm sure she won't think your flaking out.

ConnorMom228
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM
I would call and apologize that u can't make it because u aren't well, but let her know that u really do want to meet up. Schedule something for the next week to let her know u are serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Quoting ConnorMom228:

I would call and apologize that u can't make it because u aren't well, but let her know that u really do want to meet up. Schedule something for the next week to let her know u are serious.

yeah i sent her this at 7:30 this morning (i don't have her phone number, we set up the lunch date on facebook chat so i just sent her a message).

"hey. i don't have your number but i think i should probably cancel this morning. i have a crazy sinus infection. i don't know if it's contagious and i don't want to take the chance of giving it to you guys :( i'm only working sunday, monday and tuesday next week so maybe we can reschedule?? just let me know or you can call. ***-***-**** ttyl hopefully!
-Sarah-"

(the astrix were my phone number lol)

DawsonGia0611
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I would totally cancel and tell her why, and if you really feel like you want to get together whith her and catch up, let her know and really try to get it across that you aren't just cancelling for no reason. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)