Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training seat ?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 26 month old son is potty trained!!! Woohoo!!! He's totally in underwear except for bed :) we have a thomas potty seat that goes on the big potty. I forget who makes but I got it at target. They sell them everywhere. Its got the little cup thingie in front to "catch" the pee but it doesn't work at all! He stands to pee but when he poops and pees he's peeing everywhere! I've been poining his peepee down but even still the pee gets between the soft part of the seat and the plastic. I end up having to clean it every time he uses it. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TC00
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I have a 22 month old and I used to work in the 2yr old room at the daycares

With boys, until they understand how to hold themselves and pee into the toilet I have them take off their pants and sit all the way back on the potty, they point down and it always goes in the toilet, when they have to poo I sit them just in front of the back of the seat, they still kinda sit on it so it gives them some balance but they are further enough in front of it so that when they do poo it goes in the toilet and not the seat

BethRae
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM
I'm not sure. I have a girl. We also got her seat at target and it has a thing for you to hang it on the toilet. Maybe try a different seat??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:18 AM
He will learn to push it down. Just remind him a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2MasonNRyder
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Without a child seat? Like right on the regular seat? Hmm ill have to try that. Thanks!

Quoting TC00:

I have a 22 month old and I used to work in the 2yr old room at the daycares

With boys, until they understand how to hold themselves and pee into the toilet I have them take off their pants and sit all the way back on the potty, they point down and it always goes in the toilet, when they have to poo I sit them just in front of the back of the seat, they still kinda sit on it so it gives them some balance but they are further enough in front of it so that when they do poo it goes in the toilet and not the seat

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieBowers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM

My son never used it he just holds himself up on the regular potty but when i was trying to get him to pee on that seat it would get all over the bottom and the regular seat. 

Mom2MasonNRyder
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Yes! That's exactly what happens! Its extra work every time. Uggh. I guess I should try getting him to use the regular seat.

Quoting StephanieBowers:

My son never used it he just holds himself up on the regular potty but when i was trying to get him to pee on that seat it would get all over the bottom and the regular seat. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM
I always taught my son to point his pee down to the"peepee catcher". We have a potty lid from babiesrus that has Elmo on it. It took some practice but he got it down. My son got potty trained at 2 1/2 as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)