• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaked out need advice...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM
  • 26 Replies

okay sorry if this is long but i need advice... i worked at a gas station 2 years ago and a male customer that would always come in and stay for a minute and talk to me has really been freaking me out....

alright so... heres the story....

Every so often i will see the guy around town. HE stares at me for like 10 minutes before he comes up and says anything and even then its not just a hi how are you? he wants to know where i work and all kinds of other stuff... but the thing is he gives me a bad vibe. LIke about 4 months ago i saw him at walmart he came up and said hi. i said hi back and then he just stood there staring at me for like 5 minutes before he walked up... when i got to the register, the cashier (whom i dont know) was like "do you know that man? Hes been standing there staring at you for the last 10 minutes..."

Well two days ago i was at pizza street with my friend and her family and he walked up... but he just hovered and stared for like a few minutes before he said anything. Then he points at me and says dont i know you?

I"m like hi... i worked at the Gas station... trying to be polite but not so polite that he stayed... because i'm usually nice to everyone but this guy really creeps me out... well he walked away to get food and my friend was like "do you know him? he just stood staring at pointing at you for a few minutes before he said anything..." so i told her the story... well he gets his food and comes and sits beside us at another table... i ignored him but my friend said he kept looking over at me... so we get up to get her daughter some ice cream and he followed.... Then my friend and i were talking about the JOplin tornados because we know people directly affected and he interrups us to ask where i'm working... I pretend not to hear him and we kept talking... as i stood up to get a drink he asked again... i told him no where....then as hes leaving he stands by the sticker machine by the door and slowly turns to stare at me again!!!! THen he takes another step to the door turns and looks again and is gone...  some people might say he is just trying to be friendly but why cant he jsut say hi and go on with his day? why does he have to hover and stare... i was raised to trust my gut and this guy gives me the heebie jeebies... I"m really worried about him... like i know hes not ACTUALLY stalking me since its only every now and then that i see him but when i do he always does creepy stuff.... advise please.... 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Wow, I don't know..I would be creeped out too though. Hopefully someone else has some good advice for you. I really don't know what I would do..

jasonsgirl7988
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Thanks girl.. i was hoping i wasnt just being paranoid... like i said i try to be nice to everyone but he gives me the creeps...

snb8604
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM
That sounds like a stalker to me. I wouldn't go anywhere alone hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Stop acknowledging him... pretend like u dnt c him, don't tell him anything abt you. This may b just the start. He sounds like a weirdo to me too, just b careful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britters4423

Dont be so nice...lol. If I was creeped out for the umpteenth time by the same guy, I would have to just stop being polite and tell him that hes invading my personal space and it was past time that he stopped. 

mallowcup17

i would be creeped out too. :(

MeeshMom
That would freak me out too! What a creeper! The next time he tries to ask personal info I would be blunt and say sorry I'd rather not share personal things. And I'd leave immediately if I saw him staring at me. Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Wow! Sounds creepy not really sure what you could do about it though..
jasonsgirl7988
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM

THanks guys... i guess i'm just such a nice person that i wanted to make sure i wasnt being paranoid before i went into bitch mode... lol i've always hated hurting others feelings but i think with him it needs to be done....

ms.sophsmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM
It's ok to b nice but when ppl gt Pushy or weird like tht I go full bitch on them.

Quoting jasonsgirl7988:

Thanks girl.. i was hoping i wasnt just being paranoid... like i said i try to be nice to everyone but he gives me the creeps...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)