Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the big deal?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 51 Replies

Some mothers won't paint their little girls' nails vibrant colors and some won't paint them at all. So why? What's the big deal? Do you paint your girls' nails? 

My mom wouldn't paint mine vibrant colors saying it was slutty. Personally...to me, they're just colors. If my kid can color with the color red, sure...her nails can be red. It doesn't last forever. 

What is your take. 

We're not here to judge or bash. This is an honest post of your opinion. 

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
My3LuVs83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM
If i had a girl i would probably do her toes but not her fingernails..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaC210
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I never thought about certain colors being "slutty" my daughter has had red toe nails off and on since she was 1 1/2 and I still don't see anything wrong with it. She also likes purple, pink and blue :-) 

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I wouldn't do my dd's fingernails at first because she sucked on them. Now that she doesn't suck on them, I paint them. I juyst painted her nails today. Her fingers are orange and her toes are hot pink. lol! I let her choose the colors. About the only color I won't let her use is black. 

Quoting My3LuVs83:

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I do my daughters hot pink...its her favorite color polish. But I have mine hot pink or orange in the summer...but with her she picks it off after a day so its never on there long...shes gonna be 5 in july.

LyTe684
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM
I can't wait to paint DD's toes. I won't do her fingernails since she puts them in her mouth. I won't do red, well because I don't own red, since I don't wear it myself.

My sister refuses to paint DN nails. Says that it will make her 'fast'. Um nooo nail polishes doesn't make someone grown or 'fast'....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3LuVs83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM
im not a big nail person.. Dont even have mine done lol

Quoting sweettigeress:

I wouldn't do my dd's fingernails at first because she sucked on them. Now that she doesn't suck on them, I paint them. I juyst painted her nails today. Her fingers are orange and her toes are hot pink. lol! I let her choose the colors. About the only color I won't let her use is black. 

Quoting My3LuVs83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Well I must be horrible cuz I put makeup on my daughter for her recital...at least it was in moderation compared to some of the other mothers there...O.M.G  heres a cute pic of her.

Quoting LyTe684:

I can't wait to paint DD's toes. I won't do her fingernails since she puts them in her mouth. I won't do red, well because I don't own red, since I don't wear it myself.

My sister refuses to paint DN nails. Says that it will make her 'fast'. Um nooo nail polishes doesn't make someone grown or 'fast'....

GabrielRiley
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM
What does she mean by "fast"?

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenziesmom809
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:17 PM
If my daughter didn't bite her nails down to practically nothing I would paint hers whatever color she wanted! She loves colors :) and I see nothing wrong with brightly colored nails. I'd even do them rainbow pattern if she wanted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:17 PM

i paint my dd's. I se no issue with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)