• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

searching for preschools SUCKS

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

my DS is 2 1/2 yrs old and we are 26 weeks pregnant with #2! We think it would be good for him to start preschool soon. But looking for preschools SUCKS!!

I have been trying to find one that I likes that he will fit into and that I think will help him to get ready for school and that will also be an extension of our parenting style.

I have looked at about 10 schools. visited 2 that were recommended to me.

the first one smelled like PEE! and the teachers were rude! Why would I send my son to your school when your teachers are rude to me when I come to visit to decide if I like your school!?

the second one I loved, BUT they were $850 a month for 3 half day schedules!!

How did you choose a preschool? I am so confused on what to look for, on what he will like and thrive in and also on how to go about finding one! I don't want to just pick one out of the phone book & send him blindly just based on cost. but I can't send him to one that is so expensive that we are struggling! ugh

pregnancy due date

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kyuteangl88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I'm in the same boat as you!  The Head Start here used to be really good too, but they just switched over and they are all going to shit now.  The cheapest I can find around here is almost $200 a week for 3 half days :-/

AmyParent
by Amy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:49 PM
I just used the recreational preschool on the elementary school campus. I was comfortable with it bc I had taught there at one point. It was also pretty affordable 180-250 a month (18 a day for 3 half days a week). But I didn't put ds in preschool til he was 4 so I don't know about a younger kid. I don't plan on sending dd until the year before kindergarten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eringlading
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM

i got lucky. my friends dd was going to one and i put my dd there and i love it. its 154/m for three half days. im in nj. thankfully she goes to kindergarten in sept.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)